Thread: Help please!! How do i restore my scratched faded platters on my 1210mk2's?

Help please!! How do i restore my scratched faded platters on my 1210mk2's?

Hi all, i recently bought some old 1210s in pretty poor condition for a project. I'm planning on stripping them down, replacing the led's with bright white ones, stripping the shells of all paint and doing them matt black then doing the pitch slider, balance weight, on/off knob and the surround at the base of the tone arm red. i would also like to do the platter red between the dots but wouldn't know where to start lol.

My first job is to try and get the platters polished up as there scratched to hell. Does anybody know the best way of polishing the platers up? thank you

Strip the existing paint off the edge of the platter with a soft wire brush (a brass brush is probably best). Then repaint with your chosen colour (red). You'll probably have to prime it first. Once the paint is dry, sand the paint off the rim and dots with progressively finer wet & dry paper. The finer you go, the better the metal finish will be. This will take the paint off the dots (polishing them in the process) while leaving the red paint between the dots.

If you want some inspiration, check out >> this thread <<
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

your a star mate thank you