Thread: Missing thread attn: Admins!

Red face Missing thread attn: Admins!

I posted an article entitled "Spinning 101: What I Learned The Hard Way" several years ago. It had hundreds, if not thousands of replies and was stuck for years in the forum. It had tens of thousands of views and now I can't find it!
    Please, help me. I wanted to save the text for my records and now, all of those hours of hard work have seemed to vanish!

DJforums crashed a few years ago and everything was lost. if you happen to have your post saved somewhere you could post it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Man, that's a peck.
    MIXCLOUD FACEBOOK MIXLR
    Vinyl ONLY Beatdown/Disco grooves

DJforums used to have the answer to every DJ related question you could imagine. It was a top google result anytime I googled a question about DJ'ing.
    It is a huge shame they let it all slip away
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

I've read about there being a DJF 1 and DJF 2 but don't know what actually happened. Was the site attacked or hosting ceased to cause threads to be lost and irretrievable?

the host failed, the site was glitchy for several months. everyone complained but i guess the host kept claiming it was getting fixed. finally it completely crashed and everything was lost. most of the info was still in googles cached pages, but it took several months to get it all back on another server and by then even google cache didnt have it anymore. it restarted as a brand new forum with no members, and blank pages. only the name was the same. some people that had posted tutorials had the main pposts saved, most was simply lost.