Thread: Plastidip yo...!?!?!?

Plastidip yo...!?!?!?

Anyone ever try plasti-dipping their gear...???

How did it turn out...??? What was your process...???

Is it better to just do a regular spray paint job vs the plastidip if I don't care about saving or having the original color of the gear...???

thanks

Plastidip would be fine for a temporary job if you can get around having just one matte color and no labels, and if your gear is new, it's a nice little bit of protection from scratches/dings. But like anything else it's used on, normal wear and tear will eventually make it look pretty dodgy. That might not be an issue if your just a bedroom DJ at the moment, though.

If you don't want to commit and pay for a professionally done, permanent re-painting, Styleflip is probably your next best option. Plus you have the option of removing the decal and changing it completely any time you want, to whatever you want, down to the label colors.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're trying to plastidip your decks, it would be the same process as working with normal spray paint obviously. Google/threads in the DIY forum are your friend. It's essentially just a lot of taping and sealing. You also have the advantage of using plastidip, so you can tear off the mistakes you make, but I'd still be really careful to avoid residue. Based on my experiences with plastidip and how sensitive some parts of turntables like tonearms are, you definitely want to avoid the hassle of having to pick and pull rubber off as much as possible.
    Last edited by SkoolYardMafia; 11-27-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    "Pass is the passed bro. Where in the present." - God