Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vestax pdx d3 mk2 problems

Glad you've got em sorted now m8 :thumbsup:

The resolution was about .07 I think when I tested it with Traktor timecodes so most long mixes needed a lil flick of the joystick to hold it in time.

Evening dude, .07 isnt that bad i dont think. i had a bit of a sesh on them last night for a few hours and they appear to be keeping almost perfect time so i would think the ones you had might have had broken pitch controls. before i changed them on mine they were terrible

just out of interest do you know the pitch resolution of SL's? im guessing thats what you upgraded to

will hopefully be buying a pair of mk5's next year so curious

Mmmmm

Mmmmmm

\not sure if serious

There's a full explanation to answer that question round here somewhere .... that popped up after a lot of bickering iirc.
    The long and the short of was that you can think of 1210s as being analogue and MK5Gs as digital with a resolution that is so small it's as good as the analogue 1210s.

My pdxd3mkiis were a bit beaten up and tired when I got them. The pitch was solid after I cleaned them up but the torque was always terrible so I was on the lookout for a new pair almost straight away and got lucky with a pair of mk5gs just before the prices went nuts. I paid £500 for the pair then a month or two later they were selling for that much each, which hasn't really changed much since. So it's a big difference moving from d3s to mk5gs financially now, that I'm glad I don't have think about m8.
    While yours are still performing I can't see the point in replacing them tbqh as they're solid well featured decks for the money they fetch now imo ...... and I still miss that joystick

Not sure if anyone here can help.

just recently I've noticed a distortion in sound coming from my PDX D3 MKiis. It's more noticeable on vocal tracks and on snares. I've tried changing cart and stylus but no difference. Any ideas? Could it be the weight settings? I've tried altering it but had no joy so far. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi does anyone have a link to take apart the vestax pdx 2000 & pdx 3. They work analogue wise but when through SERATO it does not pick anything up. The pdx d3s was fine but now not. It's not cartridges I'm not that daft. I think it's the tone arm. Point is nowhere tells me how to take it apart to fix it. Also windex glass cleaner will clean all parts without leaving residue.

Totally reviving an old thread here but the pitch sensor trick above has brought my old pdx 3 mk2 back to life. Motor was staying in time but pitch was drifting up and down (wow and flutter) but cracked it open, cleaned optical sensors with IPA, gave pitch fader a good blow out and works perfect again. This was the only comment on the the only thread online I could find about the issue and it did the trick!!