Thread: Who here would pay for Listens, or Followers on Soundcloud

Question Who here would pay for Listens, or Followers on Soundcloud

I have been on Soundcloud for quite some time. I can't help but notice that some people have THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of listens and or followers. I say to myself, Okkk so it makes sense to me that the Diplo's, the David Guetta's, the Jazzy Jeff's, The Big name Celebs would have listeners and followers in the thousands. Then you see the locals or upcoming producers or dj's and they have thousands and thousands of listeners and followers. Sometimes I ask myself, is this legit? I personally have a respectable amount of followers and people who like or listen to my music on soundcloud. I recently have received some messages about companies promoting the option to "Buy Listens, Followers, Likes"?

So I say to myself, why would I pay people to listen to my music? Why would I pay people to follow me? I want followers who genuinely dig what I do. I want listeners who enjoy my music and my style. Does it make sense to you guys to pay for listens, likes, and followers? I dunno, maybe I am missing something. This is why I want to get everyones opinions on this? Surely everyone wants to get more people to pay attention to there Soundcloud page. But how far are you willing to go for this sort of thing. Would you pay $20 bucks or more to give more exposure to your page or have some random someone or people listen, like, or follow you?

I just want to hear everyones take on this. Me personally, I want people to like what I do because they just do. You start djing, you get your first couple of gigs, and one person here, one person there spreads the word that your a good entertainer. I want my name to spread that way. I don't want 60'000 listens or likes on my track cause I paid for it.

naw man don't do it, your mindset is right.

if your product is good - people will come. you still have to hustle to get that following, but hard work usually pays off on its own.

and sometimes it's not about how many are listening - it's about who is listening.
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Bike View Post
    naw man don't do it, your mindset is right.

if your product is good - people will come. you still have to hustle to get that following, but hard work usually pays off on its own.

and sometimes it's not about how many are listening - it's about who is listening.
    Brotha Man Nick Bike,

Appreciate your reply. I see we have a similar mindset about this. I just can't believe there are companies out there who promote purchasing listens, likes, and followers. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Further more, now that I know there are websites offering this sort of thing, it makes me question the authenticity of the listens and follwers some of these producers/DJ's have. When I listners in the 100'000's, I am saying to myself I dunno?

I will admit, I sometimes get drawn to a new track on Soundcloud cause I see thousands of listens or downloads on the track. Then again, I will still listen to a track that has 10 to 20 listens because it may be something I dig.

Quote Originally Posted by MixStatic99 View Post
    I just can't believe there are companies out there who promote purchasing listens, likes, and followers. It just doesn't make any sense to me..
    It's stupid easy to make money as a promo company if you run scripts and automate the whole thing and sell the "listens". If there's a market for something, people will be in it for the money. I honestly dont look at how many "plays" something has.

Banned
    I would never pay, for the reasons mentioned in the first 2 posts.

I also don't do "like for like" for similar reasons. I did when I first got a SoundCloud account, but it just led to my stream being clogged up with stuff I didn't even like.

In terms of mixes that are posted online, it would be better if every DJ was 100% selfish with the music choice and mixing style, and if they enjoyed good play counts/follower numbers, but didn't care enough about them that it led to them paying for stupid shit. Once a DJ starts thinking "what songs can I play to get the most listeners?", they're already going down the wrong path IMO, never mind paying for followers. Obviously club DJing is a little different, but online is where you should be being yourself.

I don't use soundcloud for mixes, as they took everything down about 2 years ago, but in terms of how many listens, I wouldn't want fake listeners, as I get a kick out of seeing where my listens come from, however few!

i dont even know what the benefit of listens would give you, if they are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    i dont even know what the benefit of listens would give you, if they are fake.
    Exactly! It's just Dumb as rocks! It made no sense to me from the beginning. I just needed to hear if anyone here would actually entertain the idea of buying listens. Ridiculous!