Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Sad Day.

I just sold my cdj's and mixer. Little sad feelings too but I don't really need them anymore. But also i'm going to mixer shopping. Ecler nuo 2.0 seems to be very interesting piece of kit.

Sold my DJM850... now I am moving into a house on my own, I kinda want another one.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

I need to sell either my Z2 or my DNX 1600. Based close to you so was going to say come have a look, but you've already bought one ha!

I know how you feel though. Had multiple offers for my Z2, but keep making up excuses why I can't sell at the moment.
    Constantly changing equipment.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/littlepanda/

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Since the 57 is not supported by Serato DJ, and the Z2 works with the latest Traktor, I would say the Z2 is a better buy, but if you are Serato Live user, then the 57 wins. The 57 is probably built a lot better.

As far as hoarding and loosing value, most of the stuff I have has actually gone up in value, except for my cd players and controllers. My Bozak, and Urei mixers are worth a fortune, and so is my gold 1200, so I'm still ahead of the game.
    yea you have to buy smart. i think once the dust has settled the 57 will be sort after and the price will go back up.
    serato dj isn't all that, but might get better and then Z2 doesn't look as well built but has more compatibility. The main reason of the sale. i was close to keeping it and just saving up. I will if financially viable buy another Rane mixer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    Sold my DJM850... now I am moving into a house on my own, I kinda want another one.
    what you using now?

Don't be too sad Rabbit. The 57 is a solid mixer regardless of the non-SeratoDJ support. Hell I still use an SL1 and SSL. Haven't really felt the need to move to SeratoDJ. And the amount of cutting I've been doing lately I've stuck to vinyl and loopers.

But moving towards the Z2 is amazing. You'll soon forget about your 57. I've cut on it a bit at my buddys house and the innofader is sweet. It does have a plasticky feel to it but its solid non the less.

I too felt attached to my older gear that I've sold through the years. My first mixer PMC05ProII which I sold for $250 and then moved onto a TTM56 and then sold that for $420 and now rocking a 909. I actually picked up a PMC05 from a fellow DJF member that was in pretty bad shape. But it works now and I cut in the bedroom and the basement when I have time away from wife.

Don't worry be happy now!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    what you using now?

Well basically, long story short, I don't have a place to live at the moment, so I am staying with friends while I try find a new house/flat to live in, all my gear is in storage, but I've got a massive Yamaha 12 channel thing I can use for the time being, in fact I might try do some crazy shit with it, but will probably just pick up a new mixer from ebay or something after my holiday in Jan.

Ideally I'd like the 850, but you can get a djm800 for 500 quid, so why bother with the extra £1000, I can save that and get a synth or something.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    There are definitely things I miss....my M5G, my VCM-600, my xone:62. But, it's not that big of a deal.

The M5G bugs me because I'll own a pair of them eventually, and they're more expensive than when I sold mine. The VCM-600....just felt nice. I don't spin with Ableton and have no desire to do it again, and it's not really all that useful for anything else.

The xone was just dumb....I basically traded it for a cheap vestax and an SL1....that I never used all that much, 'cuz I took about a 2 year break right after I did it. At the time, the prices worked out...but it was one of the older made-in-brittain models. Now, I don't think I could give the SL-1 away.

The next setup I have, I'll probably never end up getting rid of. The hard part is deciding whether to sell my DDJ-SX to help finance it. I kinda like the thing and how simple it is, but there's already a replacement. So, I'd probably be shocked to find out what that $1000 controller is worth used. And for how I'd use it, I'd be just as happy with the 2-deck version.
    I've sold a lot of stuff but my mk5g's are staying with me until the bitter end, lol.

I sold my M5Gs last year. I also sold over 600 pieces of Drum n' Bass vinyl.

Truth be told, I soooooooo REGRET that decision.

Granted, I did score $2,700 for the Techs that I only paid $923 for new.
    But now I find myself missing turntables. Not that I necessarily want to play on vinyl all the time,
    but it is nice to mix traditionally every now and again. As for the wax, I did rip all of it to 24bit FLAC,
    so it's not as though I can't still play the tunes. If anything, I just miss looking at them, touching them, haha.

M5Gs cost $4,400 from the only place I am aware of that you can still purchase them brand new.
    That's just BONKERS!!