Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Sad Day.

A Sad Sad Day.

The day has come i've finally sold my mixer for £480, the lucky bugger got this deal:

TTm57, Dicers, 1 clear vinyl, power cable, no usb cable and a deck saver. i would be over the moon if i scored that.

The reason i'm selling it is because i want Traktor and with Rane not supporting it anymore it's better i sell it now. Truth is i'm gutted, absolutely a top mix and i don't even use 50% of the functions.

Anyway the point of the post, isn't it funny how attached you become to your equipment and the reason you have to sell. Everytime i buy something i tell myself this is the last thing i'm going to get for a while. Then Pow! right in the kisser your selling it to get something else..

share stories of stuff you shouldn't of sold and end up buying back for one reason or another?
    I'm going to have to buy the dicers again i think.

ps: mixer shopping tomorrow.

I have yet to experience that, but me and my mixtrack have seen many things together, from spilled drinks on the table to making crappy VDJ mixes.

I recommend the Z2 mixer if you are going to use Traktor. It works even better if you add an X1mk2. Add the F1 if you are going to use the remix decks. I don't normally sell anything, so naturally I have accumulated tons of gear. I have tried just about every piece of gear in my 30 plus years of DJing, and still, my favorite setup to DJ with are what I started with all those years ago, My two Technics SL-1100A turntables, and my Bozak rotary mixer. Today I use them with Traktor, and an A10 sound card and an X1mk2. With those two additions, it does just about everything a CDJ or controller setup does, and it looks a whole lot cooler.

@ panotaker. Better mix z2 or 57?

I use to be like that but I was just hoarding gear and it losing value.

There are definitely things I miss....my M5G, my VCM-600, my xone:62. But, it's not that big of a deal.

The M5G bugs me because I'll own a pair of them eventually, and they're more expensive than when I sold mine. The VCM-600....just felt nice. I don't spin with Ableton and have no desire to do it again, and it's not really all that useful for anything else.

The xone was just dumb....I basically traded it for a cheap vestax and an SL1....that I never used all that much, 'cuz I took about a 2 year break right after I did it. At the time, the prices worked out...but it was one of the older made-in-brittain models. Now, I don't think I could give the SL-1 away.

The next setup I have, I'll probably never end up getting rid of. The hard part is deciding whether to sell my DDJ-SX to help finance it. I kinda like the thing and how simple it is, but there's already a replacement. So, I'd probably be shocked to find out what that $1000 controller is worth used. And for how I'd use it, I'd be just as happy with the 2-deck version.

The only gear I have gotten rid from my original set up was a Pioneer Djm300 mixer.

It worked good as my first mixer, and I was happy with it up until I out grew it and was in need of more than 2 channels. Ended up buying a used A&H Xone 42, that I LOVE! :dj: Will probably keep this one till it breaks lol. Djm300 was donated to a fellow djf member that was in need of a mixer.
    Big woof! Wanna fight about it?!

I struggle to shift anything that I'm attached to.
    That's where my loft comes in handy.
    Got all my old stuff up there (nothing of value really)
    Also my first game boy and sega master sytem lol
    Plus loads of other stuff (oh dear)

I just gave my old setup to a buddy when I upgraded. What mixers are you looking at monk?

just bought the Z2 for £420 second hand with a years warranty, delivery tomorrow.

packing my 57 up right now with a sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    @ panotaker. Better mix z2 or 57?

I use to be like that but I was just hoarding gear and it losing value.
    Since the 57 is not supported by Serato DJ, and the Z2 works with the latest Traktor, I would say the Z2 is a better buy, but if you are Serato Live user, then the 57 wins. The 57 is probably built a lot better.

As far as hoarding and loosing value, most of the stuff I have has actually gone up in value, except for my cd players and controllers. My Bozak, and Urei mixers are worth a fortune, and so is my gold 1200, so I'm still ahead of the game.