Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There's good tracks on the top 100 again?

There's good tracks on the top 100 again?

Beatport top 100 actually has a lot of legitimately groovy tunes. What the hell happened?
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

1. Festival season is over.
    2. There is a change coming, people are growing tired of the bigroom sound and want more groovey stuff.

Just my 2 cents.
    https://soundcloud.com/wlsn

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wilson View Post
    1. Festival season is over.
    2. There is a change coming, people are growing tired of the bigroom sound and want more groovey stuff.

Just my 2 cents.
    good riddance to it I say
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's only because features like auto-sync have opened the doors for a bunch of lazy cunts to buy some gear and think they're a DJ a week later that we go round and round in circles with this same topic.

agreed.

Big room was a good introduction to draw a lot of new fans in but it gets old real quick.

Tech and Deep house will become the 'popular' genres in the next 6-18 months.
    http://soundcloud.com/real-dj-remax

And no doubt the genres will be bastardised (deep house already has been).
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

maybe your tastes just got better

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Remax View Post
    Tech and Deep house will become the 'popular' genres in the next 6-18 months.
    ugh. my local scene already is nothing but that and it bores the shit out of me. nothing against deep house, but not for 8 hours straight.

@OP just flicked through a few track in the top 100 that weren't labeled progressive house. some of them are pretty cool, but most of them aren't that exciting imo.
    Last edited by Era 7; 09-17-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Don't know if I would characterize this stuff as better. It just sounds like all the boring, basic, uninspired house music that EDM haters seem to embrace. It's elevator music for clubs....

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    maybe your tastes just got better
    Ha! And the wheels keep on spinnin' in the world of dance music, where a genre reaches the masses and the old gets recycled, only to resurface in about 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocie View Post
    Ha! And the wheels keep on spinnin' in the world of dance music, where a genre reaches the masses and the old gets recycled, only to resurface in about 5-10 years.
    So what you saying is happy hardcore is due for a comeback, like a proper global phenom