Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only the best will do

Only the best will do

If you had the chance and the means to do so.
    What would be your dream PA system.
    I'm specifically looking for the best "SOUNDING" portable PA system.

Requirements are:
    Components must be 19" rack mountable.
    Speakers must have 2 tops (right/left) and 2 subs. Or a 2 speaker set up with full range speakers.
    What components would you use? (Brand and Model)

The system must be able to provide full coverage for a small to mid size venue for about 100/200 hundred people.

I specifically looking for a portable PA that is "audiophile quality"
    Something that is simple and strait forward easy to set up and use.

I'm not looking for the most expensive but the best sound quality.

Signal source: CD player, computer, lap top?
    D/A conversion?
    Mixer?
    EQ?
    Xover?
    Amps?
    Speakers?
    Interconnects?
    Power conditioner?
    Last edited by fatgravy; 09-01-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgravy View Post
    If you had the chance and the means to do so.
    What would be your dream PA system.
    I'm specifically looking for the best "SOUNDING" portable PA system.
    Requirements are:
    Components must be 19" rack mountable.
    Speakers must have 2 tops (right/left) and 2 subs. Or a 2 speaker set up with full range speakers.
    What components would you use? (Brand and Model)

I specifically looking for a portable PA that is audiophile quality.
    Something that is simple and strait forward easy to set up and use.

I'm not looking for the most expensive but the best sound quality.

can't really help with your question, however, I have been to a few events where this soundsystem was used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAdy44ekStA

It is Dillinja's Valve Sound System and one of the loudest in the world, fine tuned for dnb. Sounds amazing live nd the bass is very central so if you stand still your rib cage shakes. Always wanted to play a set on that beast!

http://vlvmusic.com/index.php/sound-...t-sound-system

"The legendary Valve Sound System is the 96kW touring sound system designed and built to represent the full audio frequency range, with an emphasis on the deep bass all too often ignored by commercial club systems.

After making its earth-shattering debut at London’s Fabric nightclub in 2001, the Valve Sound System has gone on to tear up the dancefloors of every major club in the UK, and has played host to some of the world’s premier DJs and artists across multiple genres.

Taking its inspiration from reggae sound systems such as Jah Shaka and King Tubby’s, the Valve Sound System was painstakingly designed and put together by audiophile Dillinja, who has been obsessively building sound systems since his teens, and K-aze (aka Lemon D).

A formidable sight to behold, the 96kW Valve Sound System fills three 7.5 tonne lorries in its entirety. It made its international debut at the RAW 2011 festival, Denmark, in August 2011."

The Valve Soundsystem is the ONLY soundsystem EVER to hurt my ears.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    The Valve Soundsystem is the ONLY soundsystem EVER to hurt my ears.

somebody didn't wear their ear plugs !

Haha, I was on the tube after an event in Brioxton and it was literally like my head was in a goldfish bowl. I couldn;t hear the guy sat opposite me who was talking to me, I did have my head in the bass bins earlier in the night though

True.

And then I did for a few hours.

Then I left.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Only the best will do

Quote Originally Posted by Ward33 View Post
    can't really help with your question, however, I have been to a few events where this soundsystem was used:

It is Dillinja's Valve Sound System and one of the loudest in the world, fine tuned for dnb. Sounds amazing live nd the bass is very central so if you stand still your rib cage shakes. Always wanted to play a set on that beast!

"The legendary Valve Sound System is the 96kW touring sound system designed and built to represent the full audio frequency range, with an emphasis on the deep bass all too often ignored by commercial club systems.

After making its earth-shattering debut at London’s Fabric nightclub in 2001, the Valve Sound System has gone on to tear up the dancefloors of every major club in the UK, and has played host to some of the world’s premier DJs and artists across multiple genres.

Taking its inspiration from reggae sound systems such as Jah Shaka and King Tubby’s, the Valve Sound System was painstakingly designed and put together by audiophile Dillinja, who has been obsessively building sound systems since his teens, and K-aze (aka Lemon D).

A formidable sight to behold, the 96kW Valve Sound System fills three 7.5 tonne lorries in its entirety. It made its international debut at the RAW 2011 festival, Denmark, in August 2011."

Nice... but probably won't fit in my minivan ( lol).

That is a beast for sure, though not something I can haul around in my cargo trailer. lol

I'd like to see a small system that consist of maybe 2 full range tops or 2/4 smaller single tops with a sub or pair of subs that gets below the common 30Hz cut off that seems to be the norm.
    Something fairly small but could be up graded with more speakers and amps if need be.
    But the basic core system would be fairly compact.
    No powered speakers please, only passive systems.
    Basically like your common small PA but one that has audiophile quality.
    Last edited by fatgravy; 09-01-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Two LS2100P subs for sure!

depends on the music being played but PK and funktion 1 are my favourites to play on.