Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to dj dvd ???????????

how to dj dvd ???????????

hi im new to djing and i was looking into buying a how to dj dvd such as http://www.djcity.com/p-5538-dj-qber...ching-dvd.aspx and i was wondering which dvd like that would you recommend ?

Personally, I would make friends with someone who knows the trade. Nothing beats one-on-one time with an experienced person. Youtube would be my next option. My two cents ...which, I wouldn't use to pay for any instructional media.

That's a Qbert DVD so expect to see some good stuff. Plugging my website while I'm at it: http://www.manu.dj/videos.html 4th row down there's the "scratch" documentary with all the big names and history of scratch...

Keep in mind guys like Qbert mostly do scratch, not DJing per se (as in playing tracks sequentially)
    Last edited by Manu; 02-05-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Youtube has some good stuff, and check out Manu's site. You'll find plenty of resources online, and I doubt spending your hard-earned cash on DVD's will beat the sheer volume of info here on the web.
    Also, asking for tips here on DJF - one of the best ways to learn.

Youtube is your friend. Also, check out the DJ Technique's sub-forum on here. It has a nice thread about some tutorials for beginners. With all the knowledge on this site and others across the web, I can't see purchasing a video as being a good choice. Save that money up for some more equipment !

djtutor.com

This made learning how to beatmatch by ear much easier to understand. Especially if you (like me) had no mentor to learn from.

Check out some blog sites like djtechtools.com or digitaldjtips.com as they have been posting some good beginner articles.

lol I read the title thinking OP wanted to mix DVD's lol

Youtube is your freind. But I also have that dvd, which for whats its meant for is a very good dvd. But, it'll teach(more like show) you scratching and turntabilism, not mixing or blending tracks. If you actually follow that dvd all the way through you'll know a grip of scratches and should(key word) be pretty decent.

Also on youtube, dj angelo has quite a few good tutorials and i believe he covers a lot of stuff also, but again mainly turntabalism.