Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A possible extra to the rep system...

I have to spread before I neg rep Pittsey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Usta_B_aDJ View Post
    " I'M NOT A SYMBOL .... I am a free man "
    For anyone who don't know what that means >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...he_Prisoner%29
    Number.

i think a 'like' button on every post would be a better system

make it about the post rather than the person

there is something a bit sneaky about the rep system, and i think the neg rep option kind of facilitates feuds and negative vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post

Number.
    I replaced Number with Symbol for the benefit of humor ... Not as funny when you need to explain it though

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post
    i think a 'like' button on every post would be a better system

make it about the post rather than the person

there is something a bit sneaky about the rep system, and i think the neg rep option kind of facilitates feuds and negative vibes
    Agreed DJ Matt!! I have a negative rating & I don't even know how the system works. I found this thread trying to uncover what it all means & where the interface is. I'm not sweating because I know there are many big egos, especially among the young guys. I started DJ'ing in the late 80s & many people just do not like the few things that I have said.

The Diplomat

Oh wows more replies, shall have a ponder and come back.

@ the Diplomat: Yeah have just read what caused the neg rep and it was not neg worthy, so I have fixed that. I wouldn't reprimand anyone's swearing till you get more rep .

Welcome to the forum though, always good to have veterans on board!

Thanks Jimanee!!

Is there a location or link where info is so someone can learn the details of how the forum works? I wouldn't neg rep someone but I don't even know how to do it. Overall, the forum has been straightforward and clear & I have guessed my way thru.

Thanks again.

I feel that a better solution would be a sticky in the beginner section clearly stating that the rep and the title associated with rep "new member" junior member" etc have nothing whatsoever to do with DJ'ing at all. Rep has more to do with supporting VIP (financially supporting DJF) and non dj related posts.
    I am not suggesting there is anything at all wrong with this, unless a new member thinks it is an indication of DJ skills or advice reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Number.
    Holy shit, Pittsey's still around?
    "Pass is the passed bro. Where in the present." - God

Same

it's an interesting idea, but i don't think it should have any bearing on the rep system. it seems like you're advocating the use of flair which i think should be separate from a reputation system.

if we were to add a rep system for every single thing it would be too compartmentalized. although having two different reps: general likeability followed by actual djing knowledge/experience/whatever could be interesting. anything more than that and it might be a bit much.
    My Latest Mix : EDC LAS VEGAS 2023 (05/18/2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrom99 View Post
    wow this guy has mad talent OP you are doing a great job of promoting him, do you get paid in dick or what