Thread: EV vs. RCF

EV vs. RCF

Just making another topic for discussion. I like hearing opinions and educating myself as much as possible. Which set-up do you think is "better" for mobile DJ, sound being the number one priority, then price, then weight/size.

RCF ART 745-A's with 2 RCF SUB 8004-AS's or

EV ETX15P's with 2 ETX18SP's or

EV ETX35P's with 2 ETX18SP's.

Which set-up do you think sounds better? Which will play louder? I'm leaning towards the EV's only because I'm familiar with EV and like the DSP in the boxes, but if the RCF's sound better, then that's my number one priority.
    Last edited by Blackdevil77; 08-09-2014 at 09:32 PM.

I'm thinking the third option was a typo.

You were probably thinking - 2 ETX35P's with 2 ETX18SP's.

If that's the case, it is far and away the best option assuming you do raves, school dances and the like.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

So i was looking at a nice setup also and wanted to get some rcf subs but they are too expensive. So i went with 2 ev etx 18sp and 2 ev etx 35p because their price is lower and sound excellent together. if you shop around you should be able to get the whole setup for around $4600. On the rcf side the subs alone are about $4k plus whatever you can get the tops for. So the whole rcf setup will be about $6k. Sound wise the 3 way tops from ev sound excellent and they are very loud. I don't think you can get any other top for about $1100 that sounds that good. I did my research before i went it the ev setup and i could not find anything else in that price that can sound better. The only draw back is the weight but i feel they sound good because they have good birch cabinets. Anyways can't go wrong with either setup so if it comes down to price go with the ev setup i have.

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    I'm thinking the third option was a typo.

You were probably thinking - 2 ETX35P's with 2 ETX18SP's.

If that's the case, it is far and away the best option assuming you do raves, school dances and the like.
    You're right, that was a typo, I fixed it.

That's what I was thinking and I'd be able to add 2 more subs to that set up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TudorGigica View Post
    So i was looking at a nice setup also and wanted to get some rcf subs but they are too expensive. So i went with 2 ev etx 18sp and 2 ev etx 35p because their price is lower and sound excellent together. if you shop around you should be able to get the whole setup for around $4600. On the rcf side the subs alone are about $4k plus whatever you can get the tops for. So the whole rcf setup will be about $6k. Sound wise the 3 way tops from ev sound excellent and they are very loud. I don't think you can get any other top for about $1100 that sounds that good. I did my research before i went it the ev setup and i could not find anything else in that price that can sound better. The only draw back is the weight but i feel they sound good because they have good birch cabinets. Anyways can't go wrong with either setup so if it comes down to price go with the ev setup i have.
    That's the exact set up I'm looking for. 4,600 is great for a rig of that caliber. How's the throw on these new ETX speakers?

Just add a third sub and cluster them. Then, save for the fourth.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more