Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transitioning from high BPM (EDM etc) to Low BPM (Hip-Hop etc)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbitMonk View Post
    Shoot the EDM track until it stops moving.
    Don't do that, it's highly flammable

This is how I transition from 128 to 96 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/cp3vezjo2k...transition.mp3

Get "transition" tracks from mp3 pools

An easy method to transition down, you do that power down turn table trick. Set your brake stop to super slow so when you hit pause, the track starts slowing down. Scratch the incoming track (baby scratches are just fine) and go with the flow of the slow down for like 2-3 bars then drop it in.

download ableton intro (just my preference - u can use ur own favorite), load a track in, automate a build-up's tempo from one neighborhood to the other over 2/4/8 bars, bounce it, convert to file preference.
    It's planned ahead but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepik View Post
    Get "transition" tracks from mp3 pools

An easy method to transition down, you do that power down turn table trick. Set your brake stop to super slow so when you hit pause, the track starts slowing down. Scratch the incoming track (baby scratches are just fine) and go with the flow of the slow down for like 2-3 bars then drop it in.
    You can do this, or instead of going quickly from a fast beat to a slow beat ease your way there for example : 128bpm-->122 bpm-->118bpm etc.
    You can also learn to scratch it helps alot. EDM songs usually have a silent part after the drop, you can just bring the song in at that point also.
    Confidence, and hard work is the key to success in anything. Lost track of battle record
    http://www.soundcloud.com/djarmanicee

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    many of those tracks aren't popular or people just don't like them. It limits the music too much.
    Make people like them with the way you mix it. New and different drops can give them a whole new meaning and that's what keeps me hooked.

I would fade out the fast song and bring in a slower song that has talking before the beat comes in. It also helps if the slower song is a popular song. That way people are okay with the change. For example, for some crowds, if I faded out a fast song and played Clappers by Wale or No Hands by Waka Flocka Flame the crowd will be happy. No need at all to mix fast and slow songs. As a matter of fact sometimes it's counter productive. You want people to know that the genre is changing and give them time to adjust.

Here is one of the sickest examples of creative transitions. I just love how Dj BrainDeaD scratches in the countdown and then slows it down

In the wedding industry it's what I deal with every time from EDM to rock disco hip hop sometimes you just have to what works. I have a few tricks up my sleeve but sometimes it's in with one out with the other. Eg if its meatloaf anything for love they want to sing out the last faded word and kapow into the next. I have done oodles of jobs never had any complaints but plenty of compliments and keep being booked by guests that were there so I keep going I love what I do and learn something new every time. I use to be EXTREMLEY adventurous then copped some negative vibes on this site that made me overthink now I think I went from being a good DJ to just ordinary but my MC skills went up ten times. Ignore the haters there is no right or wrong just love what your doing and the rest will follow
    OPOAT