Thread: Xide's n00b diary(Producer Edition!)

Xide's n00b diary(Producer Edition!)

After reading Count Electrifique's n00b diary and after reading DJA208's comment on my other thread, I have decided to create a n00b diary because:
    1. It looks kewl.
    2. I'll be able to look back at my progress in the future!
    3. I'll you this thread as a medium to get and give feedback(to fellow n00bs, of course!). I'll be posting some of my newly created remixes, tracks, mixes, etc. so ya'll can critique them.

Sound like a good idea?

Last edited by Xide; 08-05-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Working on an Original Mix is frusterating. Well that is if you've been working on it 3 straight hours xD. I don't know, when I first sit down, I'm all inspired and happy and have the melody and bass all ready in my head and then... BOOOM. I create the melody and intro and bass n' tweak it up, add some envelopes, plugins, sidechain etc. I create the track up to the 1 min 50 mark and then I think the melody is repeating itself much and then I begin to doubt my self and then think that the track is too repetitive. Two minutes pass by and then I want to rip my hair out.

I took a break now, and I want to make more music but I don't know what to do next!
    Here's the track so far: see how the melody repeats it self in both the intro and the break(or whatever it is after the intro)? I don't know what to do next! Should I keep repeating the melody and stuff for like another minute or make another melody? UGH! I keep doubting myself. IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Beginners luck right?

Edit 1: Sorry for being so cry baby like in this post :/ Must be the teen stress getting to me.
    Edit 2: Soundcloud player isn't working. Just click on the link below it.
    Last edited by Xide; 08-01-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Well, seems that I've figured out what I should to with my track. It really does work, ya know, taking a break and sitting down the next day with fresh new ideas. I practiced the piano for a little while last night and came up with a soothing string(synth) melody I can do to build up the 2nd break then Final DROP. BOOSH! Yes I'm a childish teen, deal with it.

Since I just completed my track yesterday, I decided it was time to upload it. I also realized that today is the day I began producing... one month ago. So technically it's my one month anniversary with producing. How proper would it be to name my new track: 'One Month'! (not very proper) But, well I've uploaded the track to Soundcloud, which you can check out, here:
    I'm actually quite proud of this, for I actually put in the effort to mix and master. I think I did it pretty badly, but still I'm pretty proud that I used a good bit of automation clips and used panning. Don't judge

If you get the time, please listen to it. I put in a good amount of work and feedback would be great!
    Peace!
    P.S: It's up for free download, for who ever wants to download this crap. I FREAKING CONSTANTLY SEE THINGS WRONG WITH MY TRACK UGH!
    Last edited by Xide; 08-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.