Thread: How to get listener on mixcloud, viewers on youtube?

How to get listener on mixcloud, viewers on youtube?

Hi! Here must have dj's who get views/listeners, so how do you get them?

put out content people want to hear. be different, stand out in your own way.
    PROFESSIONAL UNEMPLOYED DJ
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATREON

networking, and always putting out high quality material at regular or predictable intervals. There's so many DJs trying to make it and so much music out there, if you slack for a few weeks or a month and either don't have something new or put out junk then people will start to forget about you. You've gotta find your target audience and be able to market yourself to that niche.

Banned
    I think what Nick does is a good example of how to do it. He makes mixes of various types and keeps things interesting, although sticking to one style can work too. He makes edits and remixes of songs, which are always good for attracting people to you because they find your stuff when they're searching for the original artist/song title, plus they're short, so those folks with no attention span will listen, haha. He releases new stuff regularly and it's always quality.

The most plays I've had on a mix on a single site is 6,500 and the majority of those plays came from other people sharing the mix on blogs and websites. I only put out a mix once every year or so, so I'm sure I could do better than that if I was putting stuff out every few weeks.

I would say the most important thing though, is to put out something high quality that you're proud of. There are mixes on YouTube that are fecking cack that have hundreds of thousands of plays, so don't get too caught up in numbers, even though it's obviously nice to get them. I've come across mixes on SoundCloud that have under 100 plays that are awesome, as a lot of stuff flies under the radar. There's tons of DJs all competing for listeners' ears these days.

To me its all about quality over quantity, in general people who are chuggin out mixtapes/podcasts weekly usually dont put in the same amount of work to them as people who put them out monthly or even less frequently. I try to stick to a monthly formula, partly to keep it fresh and i dont want people to just listen to it once or twice, i like when people say that them listen to my mixtapes on a somewhat regular basis.

I also noticed that if you keep putting out good material you gain a few fans here and there which might lead to a share or repost here and there and that is when stuff starts happening.

You can also collaborate with other djs, make a B2B mixtape and you both share it through your channels to reach new audiences.

I value comments more then i value likes and i value likes more than views. but dont go blind on playcounts and likes, as long as you put the effort in and are hohappy with how things worked out then that should be enough to keep you going
    https://soundcloud.com/wlsn