View Poll Results: Mjay vs DJA208 vs Baller95- Who should win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

2 40.00%
  • Mix 2

2 40.00%
  • Mix 3

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mjay vs DJA208 vs Baller95 - Progressive and Electro House Battle

Mjay vs DJA208 vs Baller95 - Progressive and Electro House Battle

Mix 1

Mix 2

Mix 3

Rules:
    Genre: Progressive house/ Electro House
    Experience: Djing less than a year
    Mix length: 25-30 minutes more or less
    Any Equipment.
    Recording must be done in one take.

Ok, I'm listen to mix 2.....

Update to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vernski; 06-27-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

Let's get the party started (; Let's see what I'm up against hahaha

Baller and mjay, I think I owe you's both one, you often vote on my battles. Give me a day or so and I'll listen to all three etc.

Hahaha thanks man, take your time, it's two weeks to vote (;

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheRabbitMonk again.

Thanks @TheRabbitMonk!

I've just started to listen to them, good luck boys!

Just to remind everyone I'm on holiday and I won't be able to be on the site to thanks everyone who voted. So thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to listen and vote
    Good luck lads, may the best mix win!!!

Listening at work now....

Retired

Sounds good Vernski

Ok so I listened to all three this morning. Some raised eyebrows at work as it wasn't the usual trance and progressive that is pumping constantly from my section.

Firstly, as a battle modifier, first take criteria is a fair challenge and I must say that you all did fine job doing first take mixes.

To be brutally honest, there was very little separating all three. Track selection, execution and set planning (not sure if it's possible to plan progressive EDM sets )

I was actually thinking I would need to toss a coin a couple of times to work out the winner.

I've never mixed this style of music, I just find that there are no blends where tracks give something to each other as you transition. It's all very abrupt, I don't want to come across as snobby, it is probably to do with the style of music I prefer to mix. I do think however that if you guys want to take it to another level, some sweet transition techniques will need to be discovered.

Mix three for me had the most blending in it, maybe 30 seconds or so. I was quite happy to pick up on that, the let down was that there seemed to be some melodic/key clashes. But it did impress me more than the other 2.

Mix 1 and two were quite similar in my book. I did find that with mix 1, the sound levels seemed to be out. At one time it sounded fine then I had to run for the remote a little later to turn it down as it was quite a lot louder.

I do think you guys have done quite well, you guys would definitely rock a house party somewhere. No problems there.

If I was to offer some advice on how to take these mixes to another level. Perhaps spend some time creating some unique mashups of your favourite tracks and using them in future mixes. Or browse sound cloud for some bootleg remix/mash ups as well.

Perhaps during the mix, drop a sample/teaser of the next track or maybe one further down the line.

Maybe even a scratch change up, with some simple chirps, something to add another dimension to your mixes.

Oh the decision haha,

I'm going with 3, it was a little rough here and there, but it risked a little more than the other two.

Retired