Thread: +rep for feedback- Psy-Trance track!

+rep for feedback- Psy-Trance track!

As the title states, rep for feedback.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

1. You clearly have better technical chops than I do on sound design and mixing, so hats off there.
    2. That 16th note percussion line was a bit overbearing to me (sounds like a combination between a rim shot and a hi pitched BD).
    3. Other than that nitpick I was nodding my head the whole time which is about as much as I hope for with psy trance, its not that I dislike it, its just not my favorite. This means that it was better than average in my book. I thought all the transitions worked, thought the sound palette was good, thought the track structure was also fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Banned
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonistaken View Post
    1. You clearly have better technical chops than I do on sound design and mixing, so hats off there.
    2. That 16th note percussion line was a bit overbearing to me (sounds like a combination between a rim shot and a hi pitched BD).
    3. Other than that nitpick I was nodding my head the whole time which is about as much as I hope for with psy trance, its not that I dislike it, its just not my favorite. This means that it was better than average in my book. I thought all the transitions worked, thought the sound palette was good, thought the track structure was also fine.

Just my 2 cents.
    Agreed on the percussion, I have to lower that sound a bit and turn the bass up a teensy bit.

Thanks for the feedback everyone
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

i can't believe i just listened to a 9 minute song in the production forum hahaha.

Sedna this is pretty tight man. i can get my trance on to this. i think there are several times in the tune that the background pad could be more prominent and add more of a counter balance to the driving acid synths, just to add to the sense of grandeur and wonder, you know? especially during the build before the breakdown. i think that part could be more epic. i really dig the way you strip it down a bit towards the end and the let the percussion shine.

good job buddy, it's a beast of a tune.

My only real complaint is that the snare/clap whatever it is is off center and sounds smeared a little. Drives me nuts but other wise pretty sweet.

I dont like the sounds of toms, and I think you could introduce drums one by one, this kind of psytrance reminds me of Zennon records prog style and older Progressive psy, old Son kite and ticon.

The bassline is also a bit too under the hood.

Overall I liked a lot how you instroduced fx, leads, woosh and other elements progressivly, the track keeps changing and that is interesting.

Repped.

I liked this a lot