Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KRK RP8G2 to KRK RP6G3

The reason for a sub is so that you can have small monitors without losing your bass.

If I understand your problem correctly, it is a very small room where your monitors are right against the wall and you are right up close to the monitors. You're not happy with the sound and feel that smaller monitors will help.. and that very well might be true, because smaller monitors will give you more space between the monitor and your ear, as well as tighter spacing between drivers on the monitor, and probably a higher crossover point on the monitor.. so a smoother pattern... all these things make a difference.

So yea, hence my suggestion of switching to a small monitor plus a sub. Switching from an 8 inch to a 6 inch in the same brand and series might make a difference but it is a tradeoff so hard to say if the difference is really going to be huge, it really depends on what you are going for. But a quality 4-5 inch plus a sub would give you the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 06-11-2014 at 01:30 PM.

what about the jbl's lsr serie 3. and offcourse like allready said, the mackies, model 2 will do just fine and they are compared to krk's an upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk