Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Electro

Not Electro

Electro House, Fidget, Indie something, and whatever else are NOT Electro. Not trying to start anything, just getting tired of actual Electro getting pushed into the shadows because of the misuse of terms.

It's been happening for years now, me and a few others have tried to educate the morons that keep posting it as such, but it won't work, they just bitch that it doesnt matter, when we all know it does. Check out the electro track of the day thread, lots of us moaning, and those that have an actual passion for music, who give a shit about knowing about it have posted some nice tracks in there.

Same thing is happening with house now with all the EDM wankers posting shit in it, saying its "prog house", it isn't.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    It's been happening for years now, me and a few others have tried to educate the morons that keep posting it as such, but it won't work, they just bitch that it doesnt matter, when we all know it does. Check out the electro track of the day thread, lots of us moaning, and those that have an actual passion for music, who give a shit about knowing about it have posted some nice tracks in there.

Same thing is happening with house now with all the EDM wankers posting shit in it, saying its "prog house", it isn't.
    Ever heard of evolution?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller95 View Post
    Ever heard of evolution?
    That's not an example of evolution. It's an example of clueless people hijacking a name due to them knowing nothing about the history of the music they claim to love.

Its nothing new. Modern R&B music has nothing to do with classic R&B music as another example. Modern Country is a completely different genre than classic country.

I love both electro and electro clash/house. I know which one Im referring to, who cares if other people dont. Its just a word.

The meaning of words changes constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    That's not an example of evolution. It's an example of clueless people hijacking a name due to them knowing nothing about the history of the music they claim to love.
    Can I hear some "real" electro/progressive house music that was produced this year?

Uh, I hope you guys are all talking about real electro, like Mantronics, and Africa Bambaataa, songs like Set It Off, etc. If not, you are the biters

Edit: And those are commercial examples

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Exactly.

It is laziness, and it is SO FUCKING LAZY, you people are now trying to pass it off as something other than laziness. Damn I hate your society.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Boom Bap View Post
    like Mantronics, and Africa Bambaataa,
    Me and Sigma are, and I think the OP too.

Baller only talks about his katy perry remixes.

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Modern R&B
    True, and that pisses me off too.

And that was the fault of the Yanks again.
    www.londontechnoblog.com / www.soundcloud.com/adam-bloy #TeamIdiot
    Cpl. Josh Ray Person:
    "There are layers of retardation people don't even know about"

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    Me and Sigma are, and I think the OP too.
    Yessir. But not just limited to Kraftwerk, Afrika, Mantronic and the like. Drexciya, Rother, even Hydraulix, the Maschinen Musik guys, and everything in between. I accept, and even encourage the wide-reaching branches of all music. But, for fucks sake, electro-house? That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying cardboard-plastic. Simply being electronic does not make it electro. "Techno" has been fighting the same battle for years.

I say electro because it's less shit to type than electro house