Thread: mixed in key with itunes folder

mixed in key with itunes folder

hoping you guys can help on here as looked everywhere for it

recently brought mixed in key as i want key values to show up in traktor as i wanted to learn key mixing so went ahead tried everything to get my music which i store in my itunes media folder on an external hardrive-dont ask me why just love seeing the covers and everything in one place.

so i want all my music in my itunes folder to have keys infor not bothered about seeing it in itunes just traktor so have tried and tried to get my music folders to show key up in traktor.

the only way managed to do this is to copy music to desktop re run it through mixed in key delete off itunes and then place back onto itunes then when go to traktor shows up

any advice apart from ditch itunes

Using with your DJ software
    There’s a section called “Connect with DJ Software” which is really just step-by-step instructions for how to get the most out of Mixed In Key with the major software packages.
    It’s a good addition because it’s not always immediately clear how the information Mixed In Key adds to your MP3s can best be utilised outside of the program, and there are tricks here, like how to get iTunes to update its tags so this information shows.
    This quote is from digital DJ tips.

The other thing is that you can connect it to itunes and/or tractor.

Just follow the instructions on mixed in key and you should be fine
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

Does it work the same with serato? Ive been looking into getting mixed in key but seems like it would be another kinda big project to go through my tracks individually writing tags.

I have used it with with my itunes, but don't need it anymore as VDJ has its own built in key analyzer.

To answer you question, I believe it is yes. Mixed in Key incorporates Abelton, iTunes, Rekordbox, Serato and traktor
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

thanks for advice but have found that section and even replied to mixed in key help but not got anywhere.

i use itunes just to store my music as i like the layout etc but these arent tracks brought from itunes and just solely use to store all my music,the only way have found to do it it is to copy from itunes itself then run through mixed in key then delete from itunes once ran through place back into itunes then it all showsa up in traktor but am wondering if easier way to do through itunes.

v#can see if being very long process lol