Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Questions Thread!

hmm in that case...what mixer should I look into?

I does the scratches and mixing. Effects are nice.
    a 4 channel is nice, but I'm sure a 2-channel is more than enough for learning purposes.

hi extremely new dj here

i just got a lowbudget 200 dollar 4channel hercules set.

I've been playing around with it. I'm really god awful, and i worry that i won't get anywhere, with the current knowledge i have.

If anyone can point to me a recommended read, or some things that can help me improve it would be much appreciated

Hey guys,

Im not sure how to get around SoundCloud's copyright enforcement. I tried changing the pitch but I guess they're making the system more strict. I tried using MixCloud but honestly I prefer Soundcloud. Is there any way?

Thanks,
    Laddybuck

Quote Originally Posted by LoveChobo View Post
    hi extremely new dj here

i just got a lowbudget 200 dollar 4channel hercules set.

I've been playing around with it. I'm really god awful, and i worry that i won't get anywhere, with the current knowledge i have.

If anyone can point to me a recommended read, or some things that can help me improve it would be much appreciated
    Well, I was god awful as well for a little while. I found YouTube tutorials were pretty good. However I think music, and art in general cannot be taught. If you keep at it you will get better, its as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddybuck View Post
    Hey guys,

Im not sure how to get around SoundCloud's copyright enforcement. I tried changing the pitch but I guess they're making the system more strict. I tried using MixCloud but honestly I prefer Soundcloud. Is there any way?

Thanks,
    Laddybuck
    Hi, for DJ mixes, use mixcloud.

More and more labels are recognised on soundcloud's system now; it's primarily for productions anyway; mixcloud is specifically designed for DJ mixes and radio shows. Have faith in it!

I have a problem with some of my records. 2 of my records dont have enough pressure/grip to my deck and makes the record start really slow and build up speed slowly. Also it keeps changing its pitch because of this. It's really hard to beatmatch with these records, is there something i can do to increase the grip?

hello, i've just buy my first digital dj controller ( Reloop Beat Mix) i use it on my PC now. I am new in DJing and in Audio technic, so maybe my problem is simple. So when i use the controller, everything works good between the pc and the controller, but i cant use headphone and the my pc's speakers at the same time, i can configure the settings that i hear pc's speaker but then i cant use my headphone and inversely. Maybe i need a soundcard to solve this problem?I have no idea about this. my pc's integrated sound card is: 5.1 CH HD Audio (VIA VT1705 Audio Codec).

Quote Originally Posted by kis7 View Post
    hello, i've just buy my first digital dj controller ( Reloop Beat Mix) i use it on my PC now. I am new in DJing and in Audio technic, so maybe my problem is simple. So when i use the controller, everything works good between the pc and the controller, but i cant use headphone and the my pc's speakers at the same time, i can configure the settings that i hear pc's speaker but then i cant use my headphone and inversely. Maybe i need a soundcard to solve this problem?I have no idea about this. my pc's integrated sound card is: 5.1 CH HD Audio (VIA VT1705 Audio Codec).
    I don't see the problem if you have the controller connected like this:
    Headphones plugged into the hole on the right with the headphones icon over it

Controller hooked up to your pc with the USB cable (USB spot on the far right)

And then the controller connected to your speakers either via an RCA to 3,5mm adapter cable like this

Or, if possible, to your pc soundcard input and through your pc to your speakers (Easier with the adapter though)

Then just switch on your pc and setup, run VDJ and you should have sound.

EDIT: Oh yes, the RCA to 3,5mm cable is connected to you master out on the Reloop(The red and black/white end - RCA, and then the 3,5mm to your speakers or amps input)
    I wish you'd pay more attention to the music I love, because the music tells you everything that I'm too scared to say

-Lost

Edit; Stuff has been fixed (:
    Last edited by Mister Delirious; 09-12-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeloc View Post
    I have a problem with some of my records. 2 of my records dont have enough pressure/grip to my deck and makes the record start really slow and build up speed slowly. Also it keeps changing its pitch because of this. It's really hard to beatmatch with these records, is there something i can do to increase the grip?
    That usually happens because of the dreaded bowl-shaped warp. If the record plays fine on one side (or is even more "grippy" than normal on one side), but barely grips at all on the other, then that's gonna be the problem. Because the record is slightly bowl-shaped, when you play one side only the edge of the record touches the slipmat as it's raised up where the label is, which leads to it being more "grippy", then on the other side, only the area around the label is touching the slipmat and the outer edge is raised up away from it, which makes it barely grip at all.

If the warp isn't too bad, sometimes you can fix it (at least temporarily), by holding the edges of the record with your fingers and pushing on the centre with both thumbs. Other than that, your only option is trying other methods to fix warped records or buying new copies.