Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Questions Thread!

Variety, keep the crowd wanting to know whats coming next.

I dont usually spin the same artists one after another I spin mainly electro tracks so i just try to match osngs based on their energy bangers will follow one another for maybe 10 min of the mix then I'll bring it down for a bit and come back up Closest I think I've come to repeating tracks is using a daft punk vocal sample after a daft punk remix .. but then again daft punk are gods so that made it ok in my mind

Is there any reason not to use the master tempo function on my CDJs? Seems ideal that this feature exists, so not sure why one wouldn't use it unless they wanted to purposely change the key of a song.

Quick question, can someone refer me to some good suggested timecoded vinyls?

Quote Originally Posted by XxBooshxX View Post
    Quick question, can someone refer me to some good suggested timecoded vinyls?
    Depends on your software. You can get Serato and Traktor online at a ton of different retailers.

I have bought from Agiprodj and PSSL.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Does the scratch vinyl make a difference wether your just playing music not even scratching? I'm using serato

I think it's finally time I record a set so ya'll can rip, rail, and flame me on what the hell I'm doing wrong

I try not to touch effects and stuff, get down the real "musicality" part of being a DJ, just choosing music like the first Disc Jockeys .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by epik1 View Post
    I think it's finally time I record a set so ya'll can rip, rail, and flame me on what the hell I'm doing wrong

I try not to touch effects and stuff, get down the real "musicality" part of being a DJ, just choosing music like the first Disc Jockeys .
    You a hip-hop DJ? I'm asking cos of your favourite track in your profile. If you are, PM me if you like when you've uploaded that mix and I'll give you some feedback on it.

Quote Originally Posted by epik1 View Post
    You'll find DJF to be VERY supportive when it actually comes time to reviewing a mix. All of us invest ourselves in our work and it shows. I've found feedback to be positive and encouraging.

By all means, please do submit a mix.

-KLH

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    You a hip-hop DJ? I'm asking cos of your favourite track in your profile. If you are, PM me if you like when you've uploaded that mix and I'll give you some feedback on it.
    When I was first interested in DJing, my roots are from hip-hop because I love hip-hop (still do) and I wanted to spin for my bboy crew =P Now I'm a bit of everything everywhere , I have a wide range of tastes so I'm not exclusively a hip-hop DJ (can't learn how to scratch properly on my poop Vestax Typhoon lol). There is always a place in my heart for hip-hop
    Thanks, I will be sure to PM you when it's up!

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    You'll find DJF to be VERY supportive when it actually comes time to reviewing a mix. All of us invest ourselves in our work and it shows. I've found feedback to be positive and encouraging.

By all means, please do submit a mix.
    -KLH
    Thanks, KLH! for sure, there will be those who contribute valid opinions and advice, but there will also be the nay-sayers which I welcome with open arms lol.

Nearing the end of the semester, finals and stuff!! I wish I recorded the 2-3 hr long mix I did a few days ago I felt it had some potential, good thing I have the history from VDJ lol.