Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Questions Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    Hi Tim, try not to cross post, I've answered your other thread
    thanks man, only just noticed... found the link really usefull

Sigma has also answered your thread. He wrote that guide and is the scratch master around these parts.

Take advice from him and you won't go wrong
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Banned
    Haha, thanks man but I ain't no scratch master!

What is the correct way to preform a crab scratch? im getting mixed messages, some people start open fader and others start closed.... is on better than the other?

i find some scratching teqniques easier regualr and others easier hamster.... i find transforms and things that require clicking the fader on and off easier regular, but crabs easier hamster, and cant preform them regular... what should i do?

Is it possible with any program to have buttons on your computer keyboard like an Launchpad? Click a button = sound
    Like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLL46xkdlY

just got in djying and been checking out what's best for me. as a beginner, i'm tempted to go for all-in-ones and have earmarked Numark's Mixdeck Quad and Pioneer's XDJ Aero. which between the two is the better one? plus, will they be able to last me in gigs? sorry if its a little newbish, but just wanna clear out my thoughts of confusion

Quote Originally Posted by grefu View Post
    just got in djying and been checking out what's best for me. as a beginner, i'm tempted to go for all-in-ones and have earmarked Numark's Mixdeck Quad and Pioneer's XDJ Aero. which between the two is the better one? plus, will they be able to last me in gigs? sorry if its a little newbish, but just wanna clear out my thoughts of confusion

Hey man! If you have the money to spend on the Pioneer XDJ Aero, then I would go for that - hands down...

However, I would recommend you checking out the Pioneer DDJ Series DDJ-SX Digital Performance DJ Controller. This is a GREAT DJ controller. The build is beautiful, it isn't much heavier than the XDJ Aero, the effects processor is awesome, and the cue points could really add some benefits to your mixes! Oh, plus it's $12 dollars CHEAPER! Lol, JK. But really, it is a great controller.

What do you think about that? I want to hear your feedback/concerns/questions!

Also, (Just curious) what made you interested in the Numark? Anything specific?

DJ Whrr
    Want more help with DJing? Then go here now: HowToDJQuickly.com

Quote Originally Posted by JensBond View Post
    Is it possible with any program to have buttons on your computer keyboard like an Launchpad? Click a button = sound
    Like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLL46xkdlY
    Sure! You can use your keyboard to trigger points on programs like Serato, Abelton, Traktor, etc.... However, if you don't have a Mac (or a computer with something similar to the Mac keyboards), then it can be a bit delayed. For example, I am working on a Dell Vostro 1520 (someone stole my Macbook Pro ) and whenever I hit a cue point on Serato using the keyboard, it is always a bit delayed... So, I don't use it! Lol. I just use a midi controller instead.

If you want to use it anyways, here's a few programs to try out! Sound Plant (Note: I haven't tried it out personally, but I hear it works. Let me know how it goes!

Finally, You don't have to buy a Launchpad to have that basic functionality though. I can show you some other cheaper midi controllers that will work just fine!

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

DJ Whrr
    Want more help with DJing? Then go here now: HowToDJQuickly.com

I have a few small questions about setting up my dj setup. I am looking for a good software for dj'ing. I was thinking of getting Traktor for my mixdeck. What do you guys recommend for a numark mixdeck? also, how do I hook up my laptop to play through my speakers? I know I need a few wires but unsure what I need. I already have the usb to connect the mixdeck to my laptop, but that's all I got.