Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your Trailer Design..??

^^^ Love the roll down ramp/back door. My trailer has a swinging door, but I found it at a very good price. Maybe next trailer will be longer, with a front door, and a ramp door.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbdo View Post
    ^^^ Love the roll down ramp/back door. My trailer has a swinging door, but I found it at a very good price. Maybe next trailer will be longer, with a front door, and a ramp door.
    For me, height was everything. Since I had to go custom order, I debated between ramp and barn doors. I decided that rolling everything on and off myself was another big thing. I like the threshold plate as well. It was an extra, along with the etrack, but I decided to get exactly what I wanted. Bought it last year, it will be paid off in a year. So that's pretty good.

Here are a couple of pics of my trailer. I finally got around to taking some & posting them after all this time.

In the first pic, you will see that I used screws with washers to screw cheap foam filled bed pillows to the floor & wall so my big SP4 Peaveys could sit on them & against the wall so I could use small ratchet straps to secure them. The pillows on the floor & wall keep the speakers from taking so much shock when the trailer beats, bangs & bounces down our Louisiana roads.

All the way to the front, you will see my lighting tree mounted on hangers with pillows behind them to keep them from banging. Below them are my two rolling tool boxes with one setup in each box, plus some extra parts, cables, sound cards etc... small stuff. One box is for the primary setup, the other box is for my small setup like ceremonies etc.
    Next to them on the left are 4 small speakers that I bought when I first went into business & now use for small setups like ceremonies etc (You cant hardly see them).
    Next to them on the left are my SP4's & beside them is my dolly.
    The shelf above the speakers on the left is a padded shelf with an old electric blanket that doesn't work anymore & another old blanket to absorb shock. On the shelf is my main amp & mixer along with my small backup amp & mixer as well as reels with speaker cables. These items are wrapped in the blankets & secured with straps to keep them from sliding off the shelf.
    On the right, I have my table mounted flat against the wall. With in the next couple of weeks, I got to get my other table mounted along with it.

DSCN3423.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

"It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." - Ron Burgundy

I ended up going with a similar method for my minimac profiles, making them fit the case I have for them.

And my other lights:

4 Intimidator spot duos

And 20 blizzard 3NX/Fab5's

ROBARE99 where did you get all the black foam? I've been looking for some for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntertainment View Post
    ROBARE99 where did you get all the black foam? I've been looking for some for a while now.
    In Canada there's a place called Foam King. They have 3 different densities for case foam. Not too pricy. I think the top set was $80 and the set for the spot duos was around $60. They cut to whatever dimensions you give them.