Thread: Martin Mach boxes.. From 90s

Martin Mach boxes.. From 90s

Any members have any feedback on Martin Mach M156i flyable tops, or Martin Mach pro boxes in general?They spec at 103 w/m sensitivity (passive) and are double 15s. They are splayable and have 45degree horizontal coverage patterns.

Thanks in advance.

Btw just in April Martin re-released the line, however these are from the 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a bar installation a while back using the single-12 box from that series. The owner had gotten them cheap and I checked them out and they sounded very good, so we used them, with good results. We had 6 or 8 of them though... The specs on this box look nice too, and the 2 inch throat driver with 3 inch diaphragm.. that's not a cheap driver. But you already noticed the narrow dispersion (but are you sure it's 55V x 45H, and not the other way??) so these are of limited usefulness unless you are running 2-3 of them per side. And did you notice the weight of 170 lbs each?

So yea, I think that if in good condition, these boxes could be an excellent deal at the right price, but they are not exactly mobile-dj friendly. If you have got an installation and plan to have at least two per side then they could be great. To gig with them you need to have at least two-three people and a proper truck.. if you want to use these as the basis of a system with let's say a stack of three per side over some good subs and the right amps and processing you would be operating at a fairly pro level, but if that's not your business then these would just not be worth it.