Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here into Good Looking Records?

Glad I haven't met Tony. Apparently I heard that he's the reason why GLR lost a lot of artists.

Bukem is a bit out there, but he's a good guy.

Anyone here witness his crucial sound checks? The monitors have be 1/8 of an inch above the tables and he will measure them. Also, he will get a glass of water, place it on the turntable and jump behind the decks. If the water moves, you have to take apart the set up and put it back together or he will not play. I'm serious. He held up a show where people paid $30 to see him play. I felt so bad for the promoters. I will say that Bukem and Conrad DID move the entire set up by themselves to another part of the room. They've done this at Fabric as well and apparently, they no longer play in Russia because of the crucial sound check. LOL.

I heard he was pretty serious. At least he does it for the good of the gig. It's not like he's demanding a crate of champagne or something...
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

yeah but some of his live shows....his mixing is terrible. maybe it was a bit off? I have a progression session from germany and its a little rough.
    2 x Technics 1200 M3D, Allen & Heath Xone:22, Akai LPD8, Audio 10, TSP2, Kontrol S4, Maschine, Macbook Pro MD314LL
    My Soundcoud | Battle Record:1 Win 1 Loss

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I heard he was pretty serious. At least he does it for the good of the gig. It's not like he's demanding a crate of champagne or something...
    For a promoter in DC, he demanded that they got him General Tsos chicken from a specific place or he would not go on. I know this because on my way to the party, the promoter called and asked me to get it for em.

There was also a time where he went on maaaaaaaaaad late because he..underestimated the power of something and was too mashed to go on.

There are other situations, but yeah Bukem can be a bit demanding. Still I have a ton of respect for him since I learned how to mix listening to his mixmag mix and because he championed the atmospheric sound for so long. Wish GLR was still pioneering that sound. Things change though....

I find it hard to believe that his mixing was off somewhere. Bukem is one of the most solid djs out there. I could be biased though....

I stand corrected. Still one of my favourite DJs though. I agree it's a shame that GLR aren't really atmospheric anymore. In fact they aren't really anything anymore, they hasn't released anything for three years...
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

A few friends of mine have some releases coming out on GLR. They don't know when though. I remember sometime last year they were looking for a few people to do some PR work for them. Something is in the works. I will say that I am sick of the Return to Atlantis rmx now. I loved it when I first heard it...2yrs ago.

Ohio Players had some pretty good looking records...

Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.