Thread: Harbinger Compact Portable PA System

Harbinger Compact Portable PA System

Anyone ever use these? If so what do you think.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...able-pa-system

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrew79 View Post
    Anyone ever use these? If so what do you think.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...able-pa-system

Only 1/4" ins and outs? 200 watt sub / 100 watt tops? Ugly. Piezo tweeter? Harbinger? No thanks... Probaly Ok for really small occasions, but I wouldn't count on it being reliable, getting loud or sounding particularly good.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

But have you used them or heard them

But have you used them or heard them
    No, I was simply pointing out the many shortcomings I can already see even before hearing them.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Never heard or saw this particular unit.. but it is pretty obvious, that when you are paying just $300 for all that.. that it's going to be pretty limited.

But, if anything, the fact that it has a piezo tweeter and relatively low power ratings actually makes me feel like it might not be total crap. Those are actually reasonable compromises to make at this price level, so it means that even though they're not giving you much, what they ARE giving you might work alright.

Anyway yea, I can't see any but the most desperate DJ really going for this, it's really not too good for what we do. This system is aimed more at live musicians.. singer with guitar type gigs etc.. where the midrange is what really matters.. and you'll get plenty of that from this system.

I'm considering this because I'm also a drummer who uses an electric kit. I'll admit, I kinda like the look too of this little rig and noticed they had high reviews on mf but wanted a unbiased opinion

I'm considering this because I'm also a drummer who uses an electric kit. I'll admit, I kinda like the look too of this little rig and noticed they had high reviews on mf but wanted a unbiased opinion
    Musician's friend reviews are nothing to go by. 99% of the reviewers either:

A) Aren't professionals
    B) Haven't used decent equipment themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    Musician's friend reviews are nothing to go by. 99% of the reviewers either:

A) Aren't professionals
    B) Haven't used decent equipment themselves.
    C) are fake reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

I've heard that system. Its sounds OK but not very loud.