Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Active/Powered Speakers

Question Active/Powered Speakers

Hi.

Just wanted to get some opinions on what is a good brand for active/powered speakers.

Cheers,
    HaTheDJ

Whats your budget and what are you using them for? Also should have just posted this in your last post.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Will be using them for parties and stuff like that... Budget is under $500.00.

delete
    Last edited by Paris McBryde; 04-30-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

Quote Originally Posted by HaTheDJ View Post
    Will be using them for parties and stuff like that... Budget is under $500.00.
    you are $300 short of my cheapest recommendation. therefore you can not afford what i would consider a good brand.
    Tech1200s & 1210 pioneer cdj1000, DDJ-sx2,vci-300, serato itch ssl sdj, rane sl1 57 62, RCF-745's qsc k12 jbl-vrx918sp, JBL-VRX932LAP, DriveRack-PA2, Macbook pro+windows 7, Macbook Air Ipad,benQ-mx620st Projector,JBL-VRXhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFAQ0GZu_P8

Quote Originally Posted by HaTheDJ View Post
    Just wanted to get some opinions on what is a good brand for active/powered speakers.
    Good brands would include Yamaha, JBL, EV, RCF, QSC, and FBT. If you budget is $500 per box you can get something decent but if it's only $500 total then you're kidding yourself.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

I'd even bump that to 600/speaker if you want new. Sub 600, you're buying used if you want anything with a known good track record.

I can happily recommend the EV ELX 112P as a great mid-size speaker. If you want to go cheaper/smaller you can go with a couple EV ZLX series speakers.

Double your budget (factoring in cables, covers, stands, etc.) & then you're getting into the entry level of decent.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

I've heard good things about the Samson Auro speakers. Slight bit over your budget but I think they would do smallish parties.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Quote Originally Posted by djMashMills View Post
    I've heard good things about the Samson Auro speakers. Slight bit over your budget but I think they would do smallish parties.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    The Samson Auro speakers sound pretty good with playback music and should do OK for smaller parties. I’m not convinced they will hold up to much abuse however – similarly to the Alto Truesonics which, while good sounding, are already known to fail…
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player