Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *PLEASE HELP & GIVE YOUR OPINIONS* - Software advice for beginner

*PLEASE HELP & GIVE YOUR OPINIONS* - Software advice for beginner

Hi all,

So I a complete newb and I absolutely love Vocal trance, progressive house, and tech house.

What free software/online programs could you recommend to me so that i can start getting familiar with mixing tracks together and furthermore, making music?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

ENE.

Quote Originally Posted by INE View Post
    Hi all,

So I a complete newb and I absolutely love Vocal trance, progressive house, and tech house.

What free software/online programs could you recommend to me so that i can start getting familiar with mixing tracks together and furthermore, making music?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

ENE.
    Hey there and welcome ! As far as I know there are not many free programs out there. The most popular software programs are Traktor, Serato and Virtual DJ.

All these programs have there pro's and cons depending on what your needs are.

Are you planning on ever purchasing a controller ? A controller will let you mix things together and may be abit more fun than using your keyboard and mouse.

Welcome again,

T.V

There is open source DJ software called Mixxx, and there is open source digital workstation (DAW) software called Audacity. Other fun open source music software to Google for: Anvil Studio, MuseScore, Hydrogen. There should be a thread about free to use software somewhere on these forums. Use the search function...
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    And try stuffing a sausage down the ears of your promoter, he will probably moan like a whore.
    My Mixes Here...

Thanks very much T.V that is greatly appreciated. I have since got Virtual DJ. I have not thought about a controller and sounds like something I should consider. If you have any recommendations regarding controllers I'm all ears. Thanks again

Thanks a lot Skasja. I am not familiar with DAW but will research it. Really appreciate your tips and recommendations. Thanks again.

Mixing and producing are different activities that require different software. Check out the MEGA thread sticky in this section.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Mixing and producing are different activities that require different software. Check out the MEGA thread sticky in this section.
    I still find it quite funny when someone thinks producers make music using DJ decks/turntables.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA208 View Post
    I still find it quite funny when someone thinks producers make music using DJ decks/turntables.
    My housemate last year thought I produced with my decks.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_b View Post
    My housemate last year thought I produced with my decks.
    Yeah i got that too, and someone at work thought i made my stuff with decks. If i showed them how music is really made, they'd probably get bored after about 5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by DJA208 View Post
    Yeah i got that too, and someone at work thought i made my stuff with decks. If i showed them how music is really made, they'd probably get bored after about 5 mins
    Quoted for truth.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...