Thread: Where to get songs for free?

Where to get songs for free?

Well I am building a music library and i really don't have money to buy each song individually. Can someone recommend me a place to get the latest and greatest pop songs for free?

Nope.

You could consider a record pool, though.

Can you guys reccomend me a good one with the biggest music library and the cheapest one? would really help thanks

Songs are $1-2 bucks each.

The price of a bottle of coke.

Put aside 10 bucks a week to buy music. You will probably not find new releases on major labels for free... at least not legally.

Ways to get songs for under 99 cents, legally...
    Buy albums, either online, like Amazon's $5 album sales,
    or CD's at thrift stores, yard sales (aka tag sales or garage sales), estate auctions, etc.
    ask new artists if they wouldn't mind giving you free license to play their songs because you're a DJ and you're helping to market them.
    look for free, legal downloads.

That said, stuff that is on the current top 40 will cost you a buck to download. And some songs worth having for mobile DJ's are gonna cost more than a buck because they are ONLY available offline. Example: AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long" on "Back to Black" is not available for download on iTunes or Amazon, and certainly not on a record pool, so your cheapest bet is to buy the CD on ebay or Amazon, used and rip it.

The other way of getting songs "cheap" is a record pool where you pay a subscription and you do get the current, top songs for much less than a buck each, but you get what they give you. The quality of that selection from what I've seen is very good. They cover most of the top 40 if that is what you're after, but it isn't cheap from the perspective of cash flow because you're buying a lot of songs. If you're going to be making money from your DJ performances though, that is an investment which will pay off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

Soundcloud. Tons of great free stuff on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkevik View Post
    Songs are $1-2 bucks each.

The price of a bottle of coke.

Put aside 10 bucks a week to buy music. You will probably not find new releases on major labels for free... at least not legally.
    That's crazy talk. Pay $25 to join a record pool and download as much stuff as you want.
    For free, try soundcloud or digiwaxx.

And if i had to go the illegal way, what would that consist of?

http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.p...sandguidelines

#7 - Piracy is not tolerated at djforums. Posts requesting pirated music/software or linking to illegal downloads will be removed and any users participating in the discussion risk being banned.