Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics RCA PCB Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by sunspot View Post
    I'm not sure I follow about the "5 gang RCA when only using two sockets".
    Very sorry, please forget I said anything! From your first post I thought the strip had 5 RCA sockets. I see now that it doesn't. Sorry for any confusion
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

You can put a jumper between the shields / screens if you wish. I'm sure the original PCB did, but they will be bussed together at the mixer anyway.
    www.dnbradio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger
    He's just like me, only he's a man and more stupid

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    You can put a jumper between the shields / screens if you wish. I'm sure the original PCB did, but they will be bussed together at the mixer anyway.
    Hmm, well I guess the only thing left to do is to just do it. Not gonna lie I'm nervous about this one. haha I think while I have it open I should do the led light swaps.

That PCB board will work even better than the original one. It's way easier to solder, and works great. I've installed that same board on four Technics, and they work flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by L2daGee View Post
    That PCB board will work even better than the original one. It's way easier to solder, and works great. I've installed that same board on four Technics, and they work flawlessly.
    Cool! So any advice on the connections I need to make? Jumper or no jumper? I'm really tempted to bring back the ground wires if I can find them.

I would go with the connections we originally discussed. As far as the jumper(s), I have never noticed any jumpers between the tonearm grounds. The ground carries through the RCA to the mixer and grounds through the mixer.

Yeah I think I'll do that. It makes sense. I think I am gonna order some leds though so I can knock it all out at once.