Thread: Armin Only Toronto

Armin Only Toronto

Armin is coming to Toronto this Saturday... anyone going to that? He cancelled his show on Thursday due to a death in the family, and while that's very unfortunate, I'm still excited to see the performance.
    And I say "performance" because that's what it is, right? A spectacle as much as it is a DJ set.
    Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/vkatkov/
    Hercules RMX + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (white) + Traktor Kontrol F1

Was going to go but decided not to. Kinda busy in the long weekend so I can't really make it.
    Last edited by Baller95; 04-16-2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Grammar.

I'm fairly stoked for it. Gonna be my first time seeing an Armin Only show. I'm really looking forward to the latter part of the set where it picks up more with uplifting and slightly harder sounds. And he better play the vinyl classics set at the end!!! Also excited to see all of the production that will be put in.

My friends went to the one at Madison Square Garden. I heard it was insane and he brought a bunch of the vocalists from previous singles to sing live. Definitely shouldve gone

Went to this and it was amazing. "Spectacle" is definitely the correct description. He has a bunch of vocalists as well as musicians playing live - honestly so many that I lost count. There were trampolines set up on the stage on which people were performing acrobatics.

Forgot to review this lol. I rated it 7.2 Jesus poses out of a possible 10.

As a show overall, fantastic. Amazing production, great vocalists and instrumentalists, nice choreography and dancers. I knew going into the event that the first half of the main show would be shit for me. Just not a fan of the Intense album and trouse.

But the second half I was still disappointed. I looked through the tracklists of previous shows, and expected more uplifting and higher tempo tracks. Armin seemed to be afraid of 138..... (140 is where it's at btw, hate this new "138" meme going around).

No vinyl classics set either.

The warmup set was sweet though.

Overall great night. Music could have been better.