View Poll Results: What type of DJ are you?

Voters
526. You may not vote on this poll
  • DVS or Software

160 30.42%
  • Strictly vinyl (collect and play records, time-code vinyl for DVS does not count)

44 8.37%
  • CDs only

28 5.32%
  • Vinyl & CDs

25 4.75%
  • Both CDs & DVS/Software

58 11.03%
  • DVS & Vinyl

90 17.11%
  • I play it all (Vinyl, CDs & DVS/Software)

121 23.00%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of DJ are you? Strictly digital? Do you spin vinyl records?

currently DVS (Serato) with my CDJs.

Banned
    Vinyl and Serato for me. I will never DJ any other way. I love vinyl, and Serato is great for tracks I either can't get or can't afford on vinyl, and for being able to literally sample anything and throw it into a mix without having to go to the trouble of getting a custom record made. All Serato needs is FLAC support (and it finally looks like that might be happening) and I'll be totally happy with it.

A good one.

CD's only. DVS, Software, Midi - never gonna do it

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    A good one.

Untz untz untz.

Used to dj with only records , but it became hard to travel with it and i couldn't always get the tracks i wanted on vinyl (locally)

Switched to cd's only . I still use them from time to time if the cdj's at the gig doesn't have usb connectivity. Stopped using it mainly because i was spending way too much time burning cd's and making little papers with title than playing.

Went with dvs. Had traktor and serato. But once again , it became too much gear to lug around (xone 32 , cdj 1000's , serato or traktor , computer , back up cd's , headphones...)

I'm now with controller's (for home use and small gig's) . Using traktor with my vci 100 arcade . Sometimes I do my set's with ableton if I feel like warping lol.

And last but not least , usb's I pretty much use the same playlist i created on traktor and export them to usb's and use that . That way I don't have to bring my laptop all the time

started with only vinyl , staying with only vinyl for now , until i could afford a Reel to Reel for my upgrade

I was strictly vinyl for about 3.5 years, but the sheer cost of vinyl these days (I buy house, techno, garage, dubstep and d'n'b) means I can't afford to buy every release I want, so I now only buy vinyl when purchasing d'n'b, dubstep, garage, and I buy MP3's when buying house / techno. Saves me a fuck load of money.

Definitely had my fair share of performing on all, but I'm more DVS/vinyl nowadays.

real djs spin everything. if you dont...YOURE NOT OLD'S COOL ENOUGH.