View Poll Results: What type of DJ are you?

Voters
526. You may not vote on this poll
  • DVS or Software

160 30.42%
  • Strictly vinyl (collect and play records, time-code vinyl for DVS does not count)

44 8.37%
  • CDs only

28 5.32%
  • Vinyl & CDs

25 4.75%
  • Both CDs & DVS/Software

58 11.03%
  • DVS & Vinyl

90 17.11%
  • I play it all (Vinyl, CDs & DVS/Software)

121 23.00%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: What type of DJ are you? Strictly digital? Do you spin vinyl records?

When mobile, Numark NS7II w/ Serato.
    In my studio, (2) 1200 M3D's, DJM-S9 w/ Serato.
    Being a DJ is like being in the mob. You're in it, then you try to get out but it pulls you right back in.
    (2) Technics 1200 M3D's | (1) Pioneer DJM-S9 | (2) QSC K12's + QSC K181 | (1) Numark NS7II

Started on vinyl and returning to mixing after a spell away. Only this time it's via CD's. So I've invested in a set of CDJ's with the vinyl style turntable platter to hopefully give me that nostalgic feel.

I still can't see the point in digital (and by that I mean playing tunes via laptop with software.) As was said earlier vinyl separates the men from the boys. Those early mornings scouring the record shops for any new releases. Then having to rely on touch and your hearing to beat match tune to tune. "BUT DIGITAL IS SO MUCH EASIER" I hear you scream. True, but that's the point. You don't become a craftsman by taking the easy route do you.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I use Serato DJ when I do private gigs such as weddings and christmas parties since the genre asked ranges from pop to rap to rock and I like to see waveforms to be sure to mix these tracks well together. Other than that, for clubs I would go USB directly into the CDJs without a laptop.
    Trick Rick
    DJ & music producer
    www.trickrickmusic.com

It's pretty evident that DVS/Software is taking over the industry due to ease of compatibility and functionality. I'm ok with it, mostly because I'm not an "old school" dj, but I of course respect the djs who can still throw down on Vinyl.
    https://soundcloud.com/zsquared-doe/my-name-is-zsquared-official-edm-mix

I respect every DJ that still plays Vinyl or start with playing Vinyl!

Vinyl & CDs.
    I'm in the smallest group .wow I'm so last century.

Still have quite a few records but haven’t touched them in years. Timecode vinyl is my primary choice for mixing. Going to get some cdj2000nxs2 soon and hope to try out the hid mode. My setup is 2 technic 1200mk2 with no zero lock on the pitch adjustment, djm-t1(going to update to the djm900nxs2). I had the denon sc3900’s but sold them.

One day I'll start learning vinyl. But until that day Rekordbox for me.

Virtual DJ For regular gigs Pioneer SB3
    PCDJ for karaoke (I like it) Computer with Yamaha MG10XU
    2 turntables, and a mic for vinyl nights. (no mixing/scratching) Pioneer DJM-250MK2

Imma hardcore traktor s8 lover because this thing is literally ALL IN ONE, it can do everything!
    gonna also start producing my own stuff soon so this controller can be used for ableton
    also there are no jog wheels that use lot of space and are complitely useless for me because i really dislike scratching
    also it has really good stem system that is exclusive for traktor, many people have no idea what stem decks are so here is video

soo i see no reason why i should use something else, im gonna die playing on S8 i promise!