Thread: HELP!! I Need to know if I'm S.O.L (ZipDJ)

Unhappy HELP!! I Need to know if I'm S.O.L (ZipDJ)

ok so I've been hearing about zipDJ for a while now and decided to get on it before this upcoming show but the registration process is pretty intense and they have to review my information before I'm approved.... I haven`t played to many venues most of what I do is basement / back yard parties, stag & does, prewedding sh*t, school functions etc... a lot of what I do isn't even for money its favours and for fun I have a career I just like to jam out.. does the fact that I dont have a lot of concrete venues I've played at before mean I wont be approved? I need to know because if not I have to find other options to build my track collection for this event coming

PLEASE HELP!!!

You should not have a problem most pools will let almost anyone in.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

They are a really good pool for most mobile DJ work. As long as you can show intent, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by allensmusic View Post
    I thought this was gonna be about sex....
    Quote Originally Posted by iammongo View Post
    That's the only reason I clicked in

Hey thanks to both of you +rep of course for the help

one last question if youre up for it!? it looks like zipDJ isn't going for my application but idjpool ended up accepting me any thoughts on their pool? is it worth the $50/mo

I canceled my ZipDJ a while back... wasn't really using it... I use DJCity... this iDJPool looks interesting but I am very skeptical. Has anyone used it before.. right now my pool is $30 a month so $50 would be a little bit of a jump.

ZipDJ should approve you without problems - I'm not aware of them actually doing any 'checks'. If I recall it took them a while to accept me, but that was a few years ago, not sure how they do it now.

I like ZipDJ, but you have to watch out for some low quality tracks in places, even though they are encoded as 320kbps, some clip bad or sound terrible. Some tracks are also slow to appear on ZipDJ, and you often have to weed through lots of generic junk before finding the good stuff.

I prefer DJCity, and have never had a problem with MP3 quality.