Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any way to possibly get access to post a classified in the for sale forum?

The right decision was made IMO. There are several reasons for the rules set up for that forum section. Yes spam is one reason. Another reason is, this is not Craigslist. You cant just pop up in here & use our classified section for your 2nd craigslist site.
    Granted, the member has been here for a year or so. But the fact is, we dont know the member... you dont know the member. The reason the 60 post count is set up is so a member can join the site to participate in the forums. This allows you as buying members to at least have an idea of who your buying from. Sure, on the internet you may never know who your buying from but the 60 post count does establish him to some degree beside just letting someone with 20 posts come here & sell you goods.

The bottom line is, the rules are here for a reason. To protect the forum from Rif Ralph, spammers, people using our forum as their personal DJ craigslist & so you will know somewhat about the person you're buying from. Its not to say that the OP is a bad person, here to spam the site or to rip anyone off, but we have rules in place for a reason. You have to go by them.... & he has to go by them.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Right so it's fair that DJ Kaveman gets to sell whatever he wants since he has more than 50 posts and we know that he's not a sketchy scammer. Kaveman and Spizarxxx are both members on here since May 2013. Spizarxxx only has 18 posts but they're good posts but he's also a busy guy so it's understandable that he doesn't post much. Kaveman is a kid with nothing better to do in life so he comes on here trolling like a dumb fuck but is now trying to make up for his actions. But still, the rules can't be adjusted. Where's the logic in that?

Being a forum administrator myself, I know that it's no way to treat long time members. Oh well, we can all say good bye to Spizarxxx.

I would like to elaborate on what Dixie said..

The classifieds section of our site is for active members. Being an active member means sharing relative content, participating in other threads and being an overall nice person. The minimum post count is paying your dues and the reward is using the classifieds section.

Why?

Because on a forum, a constant flow of new and relative content is what keeps it alive and interesting. It's a system in which you participate and your participation grants you privileges. The wheel keeps on turning.

Of course, as Dixie said it also keeps the spammers away.

We appreciate everyone for being members and contributing. We certainly don't want to make it a habit of bending rules but we accept anyone's input if they think a revision is needed.
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

Banned
    If everyone agreed that the post count limit should be lowered to 10, how long do you think it would take for an admin to make that change?

1 year?

2 years?

Infinity?

lol.

I know what you mean by wanting to keep it alive but by turning down a request like this, you're doing the opposite.

LOL, good point Sigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If everyone agreed that the post count limit should be lowered to 10, how long do you think it would take for an admin to make that change?

1 year?

2 years?

Infinity?

lol.
    Hopefully not

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    I know what you mean by wanting to keep it alive but by turning down a request like this, you're doing the opposite.

LOL, good point Sigma.
    Well, I do mean it when I say we value our members and we do appreciate the guy but he has 18 posts in the span of a year and his threads have mostly been about his own gear.

We don't want to push anyone away but its not like were pushing someone away who contributes a lot to the site

Sorry to sound like a dick but someone had to put it into perspective
    Formerly Dj Swerv (DJF since 07) || Listening to anything that sounds like Boots and Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Will MaXimal View Post
    Well, I do mean it when I say we value our members and we do appreciate the guy but he has 18 posts in the span of a year and his threads have mostly been about his own gear.

We don't want to push anyone away but its not like were pushing someone away who contributes a lot to the site

Sorry to sound like a dick but someone had to put it into perspective
    Yeah I know what you mean, it wasn't your decision anyways. It's ok

Had the OP continued discussing post count in the thread he could have been halfway there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.