Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Interested in DJing - Need Somewhere to Start

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    This is perfectly fine to think like this. When following a passion and making it a reality their couldn't be a better feel of accomplishment. Nothing says a hobby can't be a profession or making one's profession a personal hobby. Just remember why your doing it, the love for music and delivering the sounds from your perspective. Playing music is beautiful. Enjoy it.
    Well said sir, well said . I plan on enjoying it to the fullest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in DJing - Need Somewhere to Start

You know I my self waited almost 20 years to do this... I stopped buying albums the day after I was inspired by the 1st DJ I saw. From that day, I've only ONLY bought DJ CDs because it gave a whole new feel of listening to music. And all these years, I kept telling myself, I can't wait for the moment to press play and listen to a mix I created, well my friend, the time has finally come. Even thou it's full of errors, the bottom line, it's my creation. For me it's beautiful.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    You know I my self waited almost 20 years to do this... I stopped buying albums the day after I was inspired by the 1st DJ I saw. From that day, I've only ONLY bought DJ CDs because it gave a whole new feel of listening to music. And all these years, I kept telling myself, I can't wait for the moment to press play and listen to a mix I created, well my friend, the time has finally come. Even thou it's full of errors, the bottom line, it's my creation. For me it's beautiful.
    That's all that matters dude. That you made something you are proud of. I may not be starting with the coolest or best controller but it has enough functions to start and I will make awesome mixes

Does the SB have a record function though? Lol can't make mixes without that I don't think

Its not the controller, it's the software. However with the SB, I think it comes with the light version of Serato, just check it out.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

Yeah I'll be upgrading when I get it to the full version

Well then u will be good from there.

Have you started picking up gear yet???

Interested in DJing - Need Somewhere to Start

Not yet. Won't be for a while either lol

Unless of course you want to donate

Last edited by nconkl1; 04-09-2014 at 03:00 PM.

How do you pick songs for your mix? In terms of BPM and increasing it? Like say I start at 128 and bring in a track at 130. Do you mix track 2 down to 128 then back up to 130 and you just keep doing that? By picking higher BPM songs, mixing down then mixing back to it's original bpm? Do you do an average? Does it even matter? I spoke with someone on it and it got me curious. Does it really matter how?