Thread: New user - New Question!!!

New user - New Question!!!

Hi guys!

New user here. I have a DJ gig this weekend and have the following equipment question -

I am running a Behringer PMP4000 and 2 Behringer BX15s (8 ohm). The amp is stated to be stable in the manual to run a 4 ohm stereo load (in other words, I could run 2 more BX15s at 8 ohms each for a total of 4 ohms per stereo channel), in fact, this setup is graphically illustrated in the manual.

Here is my question - This particular gig will require 3 mains (all unpowered). I have an extra one, but can I run two on one channel and one on another channel, which will effectively give me channel A (2 speakers, 4 ohms), and channel B (1 speaker, 8 ohms). I realize that this should theoretically be possible, because I am sure that situations arise where someone is running all four, only to have one fail, thereby giving them an unbalanced load as described above.

So theoretically I know it can be done, but is it safe for the equipment (mainly the powered board)?

Thanks in advance for your replys!

Ryan

it is safe to run different loads on different channels, but it will be at different volumes
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Thanks! That great! I should be able to balance the two channels with the fader.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Run4Fun View Post
    Thanks! That great! I should be able to balance the two channels with the fader.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Run4Fun View Post
    Just turn the amp volume control for the channel with the one speaker down a little compared to the channel with the two speakers.. until they balance.