Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fair price laser?

Fair price laser?

Hey everyone, just wondering is there a laser that is fit to cover the dancefloor for under 100 bucks? I saw a few other DJ's and they have these lasers from canada they bought at a flea market, 50 dollars and they do green and red and cover the entire dance floor and actually react similar to a skorpion per say.
    Anyone have know anything that works similar under 100?

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    Hey everyone, just wondering is there a laser that is fit to cover the dancefloor for under 100 bucks? I saw a few other DJ's and they have these lasers from canada they bought at a flea market, 50 dollars and they do green and red and cover the entire dance floor and actually react similar to a skorpion per say.
    Anyone have know anything that works similar under 100?
    American DJ Micro series lasers do pretty good. I have a hypnotic and it does pretty sweet, but with all my other lights on it seems like the red gets washed out a little bit, but by itself its pretty nice!

Last edited by DJAkash; 02-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.

When you say cover the dancefloor, you don't actually intended on shooting the laser into the crowd do you. Even though the liklihood of something happening with one of those micro galaxians is pretty much nill. It is not smart to aim ANY laser at people. Someone with a good lawyer, and unscrupulous optometrist can cost you everything, by saying YOU caused them eye damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DJStevieRay View Post
    When you say cover the dancefloor, you don't actually intended on shooting the laser into the crowd do you. Even though the liklihood of something happening with one of those micro galaxians is pretty much nill. It is not smart to aim ANY laser at people. Someone with a good lawyer, and unscrupulous optometrist can cost you everything, by saying YOU caused them eye damage.
    I point my ADJ lasers at the crowd, Im not worried about it, its a safe laser, I would be more concerned with the cheap chinese ones on ebay or somewhere else! Those are not safe and regulated like the through the store ones.

I own the ADJ Micro Galaxian, and on sound active, that sucker is awesome. Its coverage is amazing (like 160-170 degrees) and it is super bright. I have it paired with a Vertigo TRI LED, and they go beautifully together, on a great price.
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Shay,
    As I said it would not do anything, but what happens if the prism breaks that difracts the laser, or a surge, that puts through a higher power burst? What happens if someone lies and has a vision problem, a good lawyer can easily say you shot them in the eye and caused the damage. I'm not saying its right, but people sued AND WON against McDonalds because they spilled hot coffee on themselves while driving. Never mind that they should know that Coffee is hot, never mind they shouldn't be drinking the hot coffee while approaching a red light having to slam on their breaks. It is the sad truth.

Also shooting the laser into a crowd sets a precidence. I lost a job for a prom, someone approached me at a Bridal Show, who was putting together a prom. I have a Galaxian 3D, and the person booking asked if I would shoot the laser into the crowd. I said no. They said the person over there (pointed to a DJ with a cheap import 445nm Blue laser, they said they would scan the kids, and do it all the time. Well the booking person, booked the other DJ. I approached the DJ after the show and asked them about what they are doing. They said they do it every show, and never had a problem. They also stated that the manual has no warning against it, so it must be safe. Not only what they are doing is stupid, and dangerous, I do believe those lasers require a variance to operate.

Them doing that sets a presidence to the customers that all lasers are legal to shoot at the crowd.

Again, I state the odds of any damage being caused by any ADJ laser is minimal, why take a chance?

Surging ain't a problem, just throw it on a strip or a power conditioner..there popping up more and more in our racks anyways. I don't worry bout it too much, I just state in the contract that if you stare into my laser, while unlikely, it may cause eye damage. It ain't that big of a deal anyway, as long as the power of the lasers are low (galaxian micro has a 70mw red laser and a 30mw green laser. And to the prism breaking, give your equipment a thurogh check before you fly em on your trusses, it'll save you time because everything would be prechecked and the risk of failure during a set would be minimal.

In the long run, any of adj's micro series lasers would be fine in a crowd. Anything more powerful would be safer on a back wall or celing.

My two cents, of course.
    DJ Hoss
    Quote Originally Posted by JuxtaPoser View Post
    Red LEDs = SUPER AWESOME MODE: ENGAGED
    Make it work!!!!

Check out the Chauvet MiN fx laser. You can find new ones on eBay for around $100 and they provide some pretty cool effects.
    Patrick Sugarman, Sweet DJs Entertainment
    (p)313.587.9493, www.SweetDJsEnt.com
    Like us on Facebook!

I use a micro galaxian that I keep high above everyones heads and it easily fills a dark full sized gym, with a bunch of other lights it will have little effect. For the price you cant do much better.