Page 118 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1281

Thread: Post your Mobile DJ Gig PICS v2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDJ View Post
    How many people? In the video it appears there isn't actually much dancing going on, were they a sit down type of crowd? Looks pretty good though. However I personally just would've cleaned up a few things behind that facade, while facades work great for hiding a messy set up, they don't work well if there is a glass window/door right behind you, which in turn allows guests to go outside and see your mess.

Thanks for the video!
    You nailed it. Just shy of 100 people for dinner but filthy stinking hot inside. Most of the older folks left right after. Dancing happened in waves as people came in to get their dance on for a bit and then had to go outside to cool off. It was actually bizarre. I must have drank 5 litres of water that night. Those doors behind me were supposed to be closed but it was too hot even with the porta-air conditioner you see by my speaker. 3/4 of the people also left on the 10pm bus as the place was out in the country at a cidery. All was done at midnight when the final bus left. Most of the filming I did was during the quiet times as I was otherwise too busy. Most importantly, the clients were really really happy - Bride actually asked to give me a big hug and was very thankful how everything went. Groom wanted to help me haul gear at the very end - I of course wouldn't allow such a thing on their special day. Although it doesn't look it in the vid, I had a blast as they were the most easy going and fun couple ever...
    Last edited by navydiver; 07-06-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    Strength in Depth!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by navydiver View Post
    You nailed it. Just shy of 100 people for dinner but filthy stinking hot inside. Most of the older folks left right after. Dancing happened in waves as people came in to get their dance on for a bit and then had to go outside to cool off. It was actually bizarre. I must have drank 5 litres of water that night. Those doors behind me were supposed to be closed but it was too hot even with the porta-air conditioner you see by my speaker. 3/4 of the people also left on the 10pm bus as the place was out in the country at a cidery. All was done at midnight when the final bus left. Most of the filming I did was during the quiet times as I was otherwise too busy. Most importantly, the clients were really really happy - Bride actually asked to give me a big hug and was very thankful how everything went. Groom wanted to help me haul gear at the very end - I of course wouldn't allow such a thing on their special day. Although it doesn't look it in the vid, I had a blast as they were the most easy going and fun couple ever...
    Thanks for the explanation! That's all that matters though, as long as the B&G are happy, you've done an excellent job.

Keep it up mate.

Here is a video gig log from a corporate event we did recently.

I'm primarily a DJ, but occasionally get called to do other stuff. This time, I was the MC for a "Master Chef" inspired cooking competition.

They just needed background music, so I just put on a mix I recorded live during another event. There was also a local songwriter/singer who did a couple of songs, and a city councilwoman showed up with the city mascot to welcome people to the city (it's a 'burb on the edge of Atlanta). I provided a mic for them, and an audio patch for the singer's guitar.

Two hour event; I started background music at 11 AM, the dignitaries & singer showed up at 11:45, the cook off started at noon. They had 3 minutes to prep, then 30 minutes to cook. Two judges sampled the food. All seven contestants got prizes, with the top three receiving Big Green Egg cookers.

Equipment:
    1- QSC K10 on Ultimate Support stand
    2- OSC K12 on Ultimate Support stands
    2- Sennheiser XLR mic clip-on transmitters
    1- Behringer 1204FX 12-channel mixer
    1- iPad Mini playing the mixtape

Had a great opportunity to go back to my old hangout at the Naval Officer Wardroom (aka Officers Mess or O-Club) to do yet another wedding. Reconsidering renewing my (inexpensive) membership at the club as my day job is less than 500 feet away on the waterfront and they offer fabulous meals there. Here is my video giglog for last night's event. Of note:
    - My sub crapped out on me right at setup (getting power but was deader than a post for sound despite trying everything - didn't want to haul it away so just left it there - they were none the wiser.)
    - I hauled out a spare 15 incher powered speaker that I usually use just for speeches and it worked great as a sub despite being an el cheapo Edison M2000 I got at Costco during an early lapse in judgement. It actually pounded very well which was surprising. My tops were only 12 incher EV ELX112P so the 15 helped out a bit - plenty bottom end for the room I was in...
    - Need more scrims (getting wifey to sew some up after I bought some material on Thursday) to hide all the added tripods I now have for light stands and Video monitor stands.
    - Added a second matching video monitor that I bought at Costco that morning from proceeds of last weeks gig. I used to go with one and if I needed more I used a projector with screen (takes up too much space as mine is not ultra short throw)
    - need to work on housekeeping still (my insistence on redundancy cause lots of extra wires - it has saved my bacon on more than one occasion so there is value added)!
    - This wedding was an absolute blast. The couple couldn't thank me enough. They were a fun and very easy going couple who appreciated the whole setup and the video setup - that always makes my evening.
    - These video giglogs are proving handy for customers. I have enough of them posted for various venues that new customers can easily visualize what a setup could look like. I now maintain a bank of photos and video vignettes for each venue I go to to help folks visualize things etc...
    - another similar sized wedding next week (can't wait)!

Click here for mobile viewing.
    Last edited by navydiver; 07-12-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    Strength in Depth!
    Tim

My setup for a birthday party this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post

You should put some clothes on that guy... oh, wait... that's a light tree.

Reminds me of a very skinny guy. I use a similar idea for the lighting, but I used par cans, instead of light bars. The next time though, I think I'm going to get light bars. I think they would take up less space.

Very clean looking setup, excellent cable control!

One thing I would change is to move the sub into the corner (behind you in this case), or at least have it firing into the wall if you leave it in the current location. You will most likely improve your bass response.

Here is some video from a recent weekend. We did four events (five, if you count the graduation setup and sound check as a separate event) between late Thursday night and Saturday evening.

The "Trifecta Event" was the name given by the client. Her 18 y.o. son had a small, private, coming of age ceremony which we provided music for, this was immediately followed by her wedding ceremony which we provided music for, which was immediately followed by a wedding reception / 18th birthday party / moving away party (the newlyweds were moving to Florida). The party atmosphere is why the bride and groom were racing through an inflatable obstacle course, and why I'm in shorts and a DJ t-shirt at a wedding .

There were guys in tae-kwon-do outfits running around, because the son was a tae-kwon-do student, his dojo master was one of the speakers at his coming-of-age, and at the wedding, and the school did a demo during the party.

When I have time, I plan to make a separate video of the Trifecta Event. It was a blast, and the bride gave us a great referral on video.

2 - QSC K10's
    Pioneer DDJ-SX
    Sennheiser wireless mic

Type of Event: Wedding (for nursing co-worker of my wife) a really really fun crowd. So much so I didn't find out until much later that the cops came to shut us down just as I played the last song. The problem with the hall is it is in a residential area with noise bylaws after 10pm. The hall attempts to mitigate this by keeping the hall exit doors shut (I was instructed to pass this on at the beginning in my general announcements). Of course this all falls on deaf ears once the guests are all gooned and it is imposible to police - staff wasn't really on the ball regarding this. They were very understaffed as the bar lineup was always a mile long....
    Location: Victoria (James Bay), BC, Canada, Edeleweiss German Club Hall
    Amount of people in attendance: 110 expected - I am thinking a few more more came later to crash but could be wrong
    List of Equipment used: See giglog video below (best viewed in HD) - this was the first time I used my new "pair" of Behringer B1200D-Pro 12 inch subs and I was thoroughly impressed (you can see this very briefly in the giglog video below starting at 9min 30 sec) - They Rock! Lastly, I also used a live USB HD cam for the first time last night where I would alternate from showing the Music Videos with snippets of live dancing on the dance floor - the crowd really really enjoyed this and hammed it up for the camera. I think I am going to incorporate this all the time now as they really enjoyed this aspect of my VJ service. It t was too bad the big projection screen was so crappy (lines throughout the projection vid) because that would have been really cool if it worked properly and I didn't have time to troubleshoot more. The power in this hall is really really crap - I experienced this the last time I was there with ground loops that I was able to clean up (only place this happens - weird!). There are only four sockets behind the curtains feeding into a podium by remote extension cables - not ideal but had to work with
    Lighting For Effects: Mostly LED fixtures like crystal balls, DIY LED Light bars, LED Pucks, ADJ Jellyfish
    Setup Time: 3 hours including ceremony assist (yeah I did the ceremony but it was a real easy one where I didn't have to setup any where else - I ad-libbed the signing with "Signed, sealed delivered" and it went over very well as I was not provided a tune for this and it would have been awkward in silence I thought.
    Pics of the gear from behind the facade/table: See giglog video
    Pics showing the setup (What the Guests see); See giglog video
    Pics of other vantage points in the room: See giglog video
    People dancing is fine but to me not as important, others may disagree. See giglog video but also shows other vantage points and of course it is a measure of whether people had fun so why not show. Smiley faces is the best guage of whether something works or not. This was a fun crowd and I really really enjoyed myself mixing it up with the guests when I wandered about.
    A Playlist (Optional): can provide if you wish. Will just export from VDJ8. As usual a healthy mix of all genres.
    A short summary of any challenges that occurred and how they were overcome. No issues other than I was getting some stuttering on the auto-mix during the background music portion near the beginning. This was the first wedding I dabbled with a wedding logo using powerpoint. With VDJ8 I had to turn off the video (even for songs without video as it goes to black screen and causes some video rendering confusion I bellieve hence the sound stutter until the software can sort things out). It, appears that there is a setting I need to sort out to prevent this from happening and causing the stutter -to alleviaate I just manually turned the video on and off at each song shift. Once I figured this out I was home free and nary an issue all night as I didn't use the logo once the dancing started. I never had so many comments of appreciation from so many guests as I did at this wedding (guess that is why I had so much fun). It is wedding like this one that keep me coming back for more despite all the before and after work. Can't wait until the next one (buddies 50th B-day party at a cottage on a lake next weekend using generators as they are entirely off grid out in the boonies at Horne Lake - that will be cool and fun)!

Click here for mobile viewing.
    Last edited by navydiver; 08-09-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    Strength in Depth!
    Tim

Wedding at Merridale Cidery in Cobble Hill (just north of Victoria, BC). Great young crowd, plenty of country requests, and a bunch of guests from the maritimes (hence the Great Big Sea song in the video).

Last edited by cooper; 08-10-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Wedding at Merridale Cidery in Cobble Hill (just north of Victoria, BC). Great young crowd, plenty of country requests, and a bunch of guests from the maritimes (hence the Great Big Sea song in the video).
    Everybody singing along to every song. That would drive me crazy.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.