Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ S1

I owned the DDJ S1 for a month but then braught it back for the DDJ T1. I would strongly recommend the DDJ T1 over the S1...if you do not mind Traktor of course.

1. How is the audio quality?
    Pionneer equipement so the soundcard is great as long as your MP3 are of quality.

2. How is the response time?
    No delays what so ever. You can literally turn the knob on the controller and see the knob turning on the screen with no delays.
    (If you are meeting the system requirements of course)

3. What reasons would someone not get it for
    I think people would pay the extra buck or two for the 2 extra channels on the T1 or go with the S4.
    People who do not like the feeling of the CDJ400...It's basically two of those + a mixer in one.

4. Any personal likes/dislikes?
    It feels nice and heavy. Feels like pionneer Hardware. Knobs are nice and smooth. Cross fader is nice and light and the volume faders has a little resistance on them.
    Oh did I forget the ''Needle Search''? It's very handy.
    Tbh, I can't find a dislike about it...I still rock turntables with a mixer and this controller comes in handy.
    5. What are the best alternatives ?
    The S4 or DDJ T1

Hope this helped a little.

thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrenchWay View Post
    I owned the DDJ S1 for a month but then braught it back for the DDJ T1. I would strongly recommend the DDJ T1 over the S1...if you do not mind Traktor of course.

1. How is the audio quality?
    Pionneer equipement so the soundcard is great as long as your MP3 are of quality.

2. How is the response time?
    No delays what so ever. You can literally turn the knob on the controller and see the knob turning on the screen with no delays.
    (If you are meeting the system requirements of course)

3. What reasons would someone not get it for
    I think people would pay the extra buck or two for the 2 extra channels on the T1 or go with the S4.
    People who do not like the feeling of the CDJ400...It's basically two of those + a mixer in one.

4. Any personal likes/dislikes?
    It feels nice and heavy. Feels like pionneer Hardware. Knobs are nice and smooth. Cross fader is nice and light and the volume faders has a little resistance on them.
    Oh did I forget the ''Needle Search''? It's very handy.
    Tbh, I can't find a dislike about it...I still rock turntables with a mixer and this controller comes in handy.
    5. What are the best alternatives ?
    The S4 or DDJ T1

Hope this helped a little.
    I appreciate you taking the time to voice your knowledge, I'm still a little iffy because of the ns6 being metal and 4 channel.
    DOes anyone know if the Ns6 has any lag time or sound quality inferiority to the ddj s1?

Quote Originally Posted by DJAkash View Post
    I appreciate you taking the time to voice your knowledge, I'm still a little iffy because of the ns6 being metal and 4 channel.
    DOes anyone know if the Ns6 has any lag time or sound quality inferiority to the ddj s1?
    Either one will sound good and respond extremely quickly.
    KUDOMONSTER & HESSE & SDRWKCB & NIPSKCAB & OTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I was going to go for the combo deal of the Pioneer bag & the DDJ-S1 but ended up just going for the controller & then ordered a flight case that holds a laptop as well (I plan to mod the case once it arrives).
    I wanna get the S1 and i m still undecided on the case. So i could use everyones opinion on this one. Is it better to get the case that fits the laptop on top of the S1 or use the laptop on a separate laptop-stand? Which is handier to use?

http://www.thomann.de/gr/magma_djcon...tation_ddj.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/thon_mixerc...neer_ddjt1.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (43 Bytes, 81 views)
    Last edited by I love music; 02-17-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athens Disc Jockey View Post
    I wanna get the S1 and i m still undecided on the case. So i could use everyones opinion on this one. Is it better to get the case that fits the laptop on top of the S1 or use the laptop on a separate laptop-stand? Which is handier to use?

http://www.thomann.de/gr/magma_djcon...tation_ddj.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gr/thon_mixerc...neer_ddjt1.htm
    The reasoning behind my decision to go for the case that has the built in laptop stand is that is one less item to have to transport or potentially to be forgotten behind. The case also has room to fit other items such as a iPad or netbook as a DMX controller or even a cordless mic base, etc.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

^^ thanks incognito

thats what i had in mind too

The only "con" that i can think of is that if someone steals your flightcase they have the S1 AND your laptop...

and especially in weddings many times i set up in the morning and come back to the venue at night to play

Quote Originally Posted by Athens Disc Jockey View Post
    ^^ thanks incognito

thats what i had in mind too

The only "con" that i can think of is that if someone steals your flightcase they have the S1 AND your laptop...

and especially in weddings many times i set up in the morning and come back to the venue at night to play
    I don't think you leave the laptop inside of the flight case when it's closed up. You can always take the laptop with you after set up & bring it back when you return for the gig since setting it up only requires plugging in a USB cable & the power to the laptop.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

I used one last weekend at another dj's gig while giving him a break.... its a nice piece of equipment, had pretty much every function I'd want in front of me easy to find and use

http://www.udggear.com/shop/product....E333F&pid=1416

this is the bag i bought with mine.. I like the idea of a backpack you can carry. When I do weddings and etc, i always bring my laptop and Dj setup home with me unitl i come back. Its a peace of mind. The other bags I have seen for this done compare with UDG..... I currently have a VCI with a UDG bag and love the combo!

Quote Originally Posted by DJWhiteChoco View Post
    http://www.udggear.com/shop/product....E333F&pid=1416

this is the bag i bought with mine.. I like the idea of a backpack you can carry. When I do weddings and etc, i always bring my laptop and Dj setup home with me unitl i come back. Its a peace of mind. The other bags I have seen for this done compare with UDG..... I currently have a VCI with a UDG bag and love the combo!
    Not saying it's what you do but I have seen DJ's who use gig bags for their controller & laptop then rely on the venue to supply a table. I have also seen some pretty upset DJs who find there are no spare tables or the one their supplied isn't to their liking. What I like about an actual case vs a gig bag (outside of the fact that a case offers superior protection for your gear) is he fact that all you need to do is bring along a foldable keyboard stand & you're all set. You can still take a case back home with you when you go since most controllers (NS7 aside) are not overly big & can easily be transported.