Thread: Adobe Kuler - Awesome Free Tool for helping color/palette/swatch picking

Adobe Kuler - Awesome Free Tool for helping color/palette/swatch picking

https://kuler.adobe.com/create/color-wheel/

Dunno if this is already common knowledge among the graphics community, but this thing is AWESOME when it comes to helping with color. I say 'helping' because I assume colorists and advanced graphics people use a more manual approach with actual knowledge and experience with the technical and asthetic side of things; but for the rest of us this thing is amazing when it comes to figuring out main tones/hues etc and using them to aid in editing/creation stuff.

It's even built into Photoshop as an extension!

Check it out!

Tut that initiated me:
    http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials...flow--psd-2317

Love kuler. It's always open

Last edited by NickJames; 03-08-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    www.nickjames.ca
    → Reddit: omers on /r/DJs and /r/Beatmatch

I have a feeling it will be now for me too! :]

Now.... if someone can tell me why the freaking paint bucket refuses to fill with the color i pick instead of the 'foreground' color... that would save my laptop from being thrown off a ledge lol

Can't say I ever use the paint bucket... I'll check it tomorrow though and see what it does for me.
    www.nickjames.ca

Quote Originally Posted by NickJames View Post
    Can't say I ever use the paint bucket... I'll check it tomorrow though and see what it does for me.
    so, in this case; say you have a simple gray rectangle you want to fill with a color from a swatch. what do you do

Quote Originally Posted by thehadgi View Post
    so, in this case; say you have a simple gray rectangle you want to fill with a color from a swatch. what do you do
    Depends on the rectangle but usually I'll select it set my foreground to whatever I want and ctrl+backspace... Sometime I'll use colour overlay as well if it's called for.
    www.nickjames.ca