Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: practicing without pissing off neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by Fultron View Post
    Either soundproof the walls or turn it down. Or you could just move into a house.
    May look into a house when this lease is up.

If I wind up with external monitors, I'll probably have to talk to my neighbors. I was in a nightmare situation at my last place with noisy college students- I don't want to make anyone go through that.

where i live one side is constantly doing renorvation,. banging at the crack of dawn. The other has really noisy kids and even with all that i still keep my music down.
    To the point where now i pretty much mix solely in my headphones. split cue style.
    If your mixer does supports it give it a try. Just to warn you it does take a bit of getting use to, but once you've got it you've got. useful in noisy clubs when you have no monitor.

Is this the kind of thing I should be looking for??

http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.ph...ve/um2-rc.html

move to a bad neighborhood where they dont know the number to 911
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Troy View Post
    If I was only willing to listen to music *I* like, then I wouldn't be a mobile DJ, I'd just get a Pandora subscription.

Looks like the SZ doesn't support split cue, from what I'm reading. My hopes were up:/

Cheer up, your in a much better situation them me.... This is a good topic thou, even thou I'm in a house and neighbors are not an issue, I do have a wife and 2 kids. The only time I would be practicing is at nights, now I know what I gotta do if I wanna practice quietly. Just dunno if my famous controller does split cue...
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

You don't have to have your music at 200 watts per channel in order to practice mixing, although it sure makes it a lot more fun if you can. Just turn it down, especially the bass. Turn off your sub woofer if you have one, and turn your bass down. Your neighbors don't always hear the music, but they sure as hell can feel the bass. I normally practice running less than half a watt per channel. I never could get used to split cue, so I have to have the music playing through the speakers. I just learned to do it at low volume. I don't have neighbors to worry about, but I do have a wife and kid.

Yours is an S1, right? If so, it doesn't... the DDJ-S series don't support split cue. Seems like a lot of customers have been asking for it, though.

Looking at the Rokits now... seems like a lot of you use those monitors.

I can't listen to music quietly, just does not seem right. I need the air from the bass hitting my body. (Obviously I will respect my family and not play loud). But when the leave the house..... MOUAHAHAHAHAHA
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

you can use small computer speakers in place of monitors, there not as loud and also have less bass.
    my new motto for promoters is pay me!