View Poll Results: Was this tutorial series helpful?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Make some more...

1 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Proofreaders for tutorials

I think I'm pretty much done with this project at this point... except for the mastering and post-production side of things. Applied to TAMK School of Media and Arts for Music Production and went to the entrance exam last month (Bachelors Degree fyi)

Poll added, let me know what you think!

EDIT : Didn't make it... maybe next year!

Added articles on mastering and artwork and the corresponding, editable .odt files as well.

Mastering
    Artwork

Article on Distribution and Marketing and a corresponding .odt file added.

And I'm spent. Where's my cake?

EDIT : Added Massive Presets

I have a very basic unfinished article on step-by-step EDM track production, I'll release a rough version once it's done (with pictures).

Added an article on production of a track as well as corresponding .doc and .odt files (OpenOffice won't work on my mac for some reason..)

Production of a track using Ardour

ANATOMY OF AN EDM TRACK

Uploaded a few more Massive presets.

EDIT : Could a mod/admin change the title to something else?

I've been thinking of including a brief chapter on the history of electronic dance music but due to my young age and experience I lack the proper informational resources needed for such an article... I'd probably begin with an introduction starting from Paradise Garage/Loft/Studio54 and include a few key names (Levan, Grasso, Mancuso etc and their respective successors), but the studio/production side of things is another world, I only have one name in my mind from where to start and that's Tom Moulton..

EDIT : This article will be harder than I initially thought.. also forgot to mention The Warehouse and Knuckles. There's a lot of controversy and uncited stuff that I'll postpone this for now.

EDIT 2.0 : Then there are different scenes on both sides of the pond as well.. and I ran out of coffee.

EDIT 3.0 : Here's a brief article I wrote overnight

As some of you may know, I also write a blog

I thought I'd show some love and share the .als project file of my latest deep house track released for free on International Women's Day, have fun with it!