View Poll Results: Was this tutorial series helpful?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Make some more...

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Proofreaders for tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    Sorry for jumping into conclusions.

I might be facing a process of making this project bigger and more serious than I imagined in the first place, so there's a certain amount of pressure involved. I see a huge potential in the current userbase of this particular forum and the information regarding different aspects of DJing/production should be somehow logically bound together.

On the other hand, I can't take the risk of letting people without sufficient knowledge,integrity and persistence be involved, which is why I may show signs of borderline paranoia or prejudice.

Bottom line : I want to have you aboard in this.
    No problem . Just wanted to know if it was because I was 18 or something because I actually get that a lot when it comes to most of my interests (Cyber secruity, production, and encryption based math...)

I'll be glad to help and I'll check out what you sent me once I'm done studying for bio.

This is very astute by the OP. We have all read articles that contain valuable and credible information but are ruined by a simple punctuation error. Grammar mistakes are becoming increasingly hard to overlook in publications considering all the free help out there such as internet forums and spell checkers. Spell checkers can miss errors though and we all make mistakes too because the mind can play tricks. In aviation the term human factors refers to how pilots can misread instruments because their mind is interfering with what they are reading. They are seeing what they want to see and in a literary sense it would be like a seasoned writer missing something very basic such as:

The Moose decided to ask the the Vole to the annual woodland disco.

Mistakes like that are common because the mistake is there from the beginning and the mind becomes convinced it is correct. The only way to detect everything is to break it down to analysing every character of every word which takes a long time. I'm a pretty good proofreader and have a system to do it so I'll be happy to help the first proofreader after they have done a reading and made corrections. I wont apply formally but will instead offer my 'unofficial' support to anyone who wants a second opinion after they have checked the final document.
    Last edited by Jamie D Music; 02-23-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I'm currently working on a document called "Understanding the basics of a mixer" with a chapter on nominal level,dynamic range and headroom.

Currently there are 3 documents (21 pages in total), a 4-page summary and the Table of common frequencies which are being checked by DJ DRPX and Jimanee.

Not bad, considering I've worked only a couple of days, 8-12 hours a day. Way too much coffee...

I just finished the chapter "Pre-production: Hardware". There's still the software side of things to do..

Added two more documents on software and samples.

I'm working on a separate chapter on "THE BASICS OF SYNTHESIS -and how the VCO met the VCA-"

I disguise synthesis as a love story. There may be some drama, too. Stay tuned!

Sorry I have slept on this, am feeling guilty. I will need to get this week out the way, I'm sleeping at friends' houses and about to DJ 4 big nights in a row. Should be able to take a decent look next week...

Updated the project folder along with the original files for editing purposes.

Found this from reddit, thought it was funny, a true polar pattern.

Don't forget to check out DJ DRPX' crowdsourced album project, the Strength of Orange :

https://soundcloud.com/strength-of-orange

Arcade LP pdf presentation and a mixdown video added to the root folder.

ARCADE LP
    MIXDOWN
    PWNTENDO (Ableton Live Template for 8bit sounds)
    DnB Template (Ableton Live)
    Massive Presets

Added Ableton Live templates and NI Massive presets.