Thread: 2 audio interfaces solves the live streaming & DAW recording problem in the beste way

2 audio interfaces solves the live streaming & DAW recording problem in the beste way

2 audio interfaces solves the live streaming & DAW recording problem in the bestest way.
    You'd just need to send the audio into your second audio intarface via the line ins and make the second one your default intarface.

The 1st intarfaces ASIO would be free for to play back your DAW and would be captured by your second interface's line ins. Understand?

Ok, let me explain in a more focused way.
    So if you want to screen record your live performance is Reason as example, you need to use ASIO drivers for that purpose, as DX and MME drivers are having too big latency.
    And because screen recorders can't record your ASIO, because Reason is not letting you to (i've tried), you need to use another audio interface to be able to record the sound, that comes out of Reason.
    So you'd just use your 1st audio intarface for Reason (in ASIO mode) and the second audio interface as a system audio interface. To be able to capture the Reason's ASIO output, you'd send the 1st audio interface's output into the second one's line ins.
    This is the most practical way to be able to record your DAW in ASIO mode. An employ over the Steinberg forums comfirmed that this method works.

If I want to record my audio without using the main monitoring output, that's what the record out RCAs are for on my mixer, or even the record out RCA my DAW amplifier. On my DAW I have separate optical, analogue, AND digital outputs through the Macpro itself but also the sound card. I think that's a whole other level of practical, compared to what the guy from Steinberg says.

This has nothing to do with ''Equipment mods and DIY'' - thread moved to Production and recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    If I want to record my audio without using the main monitoring output, that's what the record out RCAs are for on my mixer, or even the record out RCA my DAW amplifier. On my DAW I have separate optical, analogue, AND digital outputs through the Macpro itself but also the sound card. I think that's a whole other level of practical, compared to what the guy from Steinberg says.

This has nothing to do with ''Equipment mods and DIY'' - thread moved to Production and recording.
    How do you record the system sounds with a mixer then?

All mixers have a record out cconnection.

All mixers have a record out cconnection.
    I see, but how do you record the mixer's output then?

With any device that can record sound.

With any device that can record sound.
    Ok, that's why I'd use 2 audio interfaces instead of a mixer as both audio interfaces are connected to a PC.