Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numark NDX 900 or Pioneer CDJ 900?

my guess is if my ndx 900's are built on the same background as my mixdeck then they should hold up for at least 3 to 5 years. ive had my mixdeck over 2 yrs now and have never had a issue with cd player , any buttons, usb drive.......nothing! KNOCK ON WOOD! lol! ive had these ndx's since xmas, got more than ive got at 20 gigs on them so far and still holding up so far plus normal every other day use on them at home.

Sounds kinda like a kid who has way too much money from his mummy and daddy who just wants to blow it all without doing any research.
    A Numark NDX 900 will set you back around 300$ whereas a cdj 900 will set you back over 1000$
    When it comes down to comparison, the NDX is more comparable to CDJ 200 in which case I'd say the NDX DEFINITELY wins. Jog wheel feels more realistic, feels more solid in general, etc.
    But the cdj 200 is leagues below the 900. Personally I wouldn't waste money on a 900 I'd get a 1000 mk3 instead or an 850 if you want a usb slot. I feel like paying excessive amounts of money for a 900 or 2000 is basically paying for a better waveform display. And if you need that waveform display, you might as well just use a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by philbegas View Post
    Personally I wouldn't waste money on a 900 I'd get a 1000 mk3 instead or an 850 if you want a usb slot. I feel like paying excessive amounts of money for a 900 or 2000 is basically paying for a better waveform display. And if you need that waveform display, you might as well just use a laptop.
    Really? The 900 is leagues ahead of the 850 in terms of features for not that much more money.

D Link, Quantised looping, half frame accuracy, slip mode, direct Rekordbox linking, 100% pitch range across all formats (not just cd), improved screen, digital out etc. The waveform is actually the same as the 850 I think, it just takes time to load on the 850 if I'm not mistaken.

If the 850 had any of the above it's price would be easier to take- it doesn't even have the digital out that the old 800mk2 had! The 1000mk3 is a better comparison as you do get the SD card slot, hot cues etc, and it's better built than the newer players- but you still miss out on most of the above features.

I would agree that with the CDJ2000 you are basically paying more over the 900 for a better screen- but then it is a 'much' better screen than either the 850 or 900 (full-colour lcd). Plus you also get hot cues, SD card slot seperate platter speed controls, jogwheel tension adjust.

All Pioneer CDJs are overpriced, but for me the 850 is the worst value of the new ones. I'd say the 900s are the choice for usb use, or second hand 1000mk3s for cds.

And you are right, if waveforms are a big deal to people none of the CDJs bar the 2000 are going to cut it- software is the answer.

I have NDX 900s. My brother has CDJ 900s. Both decks are cool. But, I don't buy into that Pioneer hype.

I bought a used one awhile back and it still works great. It plays both USB thumb and Traktor at the same time I dont know if the CDJ900 does that?
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller