Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark NDX 900 or Pioneer CDJ 900?

Numark NDX 900 or Pioneer CDJ 900?

Hey,

What do you think? Is the Numark NDX 900 better than the Pioneer CDJ 900? I've owned a pair of Numark NDX800s, and there was slip mode and so many effects and other things and thought thet were fantastic CD-players. I felt really free with them and rocked the dancefloor until people's feet started bleeding. Scratching was great, one could change it into several different scratching modes including slip mode. But those who have used both players, what do you really think? Isn't the NDX 900 as good as the CDJ 900 or even better than it? Ofcourse the 900 is great too, but everyone here knows how much money Pioneer take for only their brand name.

No the ndx900 is not better than the pioneer cdj900, it is not even really a comparison. Pioneer does charge a premium for the products they produce but it is not based on name alone. It is based on quality and reliability, there is a reason pioneer is the industry standard.

And on an additional note the numark ndx cd player line up are also ugly...

not in the same league at all. Pioneer CDJs have much better sound quality for starters.
    Is the Numark NDX 900 better than the Pioneer CDJ 900?
    No offence whatsoever but you obviously never tried a pioneer CDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Pioneer CDJs have much better sound quality for starters.
    No, they don't. The converters aren't different enough to hear, not by a long shot. That's the one thing that is on par between them.

OP: No. Numark decks suck. There's a reason Pioneer is so expensive…

Numark = crap, IMO... whether that is accurate or not, the company has done a poor job of changing my mindset.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Good! Thanks for the posts! This was exactly what I wanted to hear. Now I will definately get those CDJ-900s to my set ; ) hahah..

wow.......

just got the ndx 900s

just got the ndx 900s for back up seem pretty sturdy anybody else got em?

yes i have both ndx 900 and cdj900, i use them both daily home use practicing and club use. ive had cdj900 since summer 2011 and ndx900 since christmas. i found that both are really great. havent had a issue with either. i use the features to the fullest. my OPINION is that is you fine tune your controller to whatever program you use it should do you well. i use traktor pro or vdj with my ndx900 and serato and vdj with my cdj900. everything works awesome. as far as sound, i cant tell the difference, i use a 4 channel mixer numark m6usb. i say, as long as you know how to tune your songs thru your mixer. it all sounds the same!!... yes the cdj 900 looks better and has better cosmetic features but my ndx900 have built in soundcards and the platter run smoother. the ndx looks shiney and cheap but work jus the same. i have my ndx custom wrapped anyway so they look cooler than my cdj...lol they both do the same dang thing!
    my numark mixdeck ive had since 2010 and still runs and operates like a charm. no issues ever either.

What I'm curious about is if the NDX's are reliable as controllers/USB players. We all know the cd drives Numark uses are complete shit but I wouldn't even use them for that, I'd use them to control Traktor. I'd like to see a long term test on their other uses besides cd.