Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ series (DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX, DDJ-SR, DDJ-SB) opinions.

Talking Pioneer DDJ series (DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX, DDJ-SR, DDJ-SB) opinions.

Hello fellow DJs, hope your sunday was great! I wanted to discuss few points about the hottest controllers on the market (in my opinion DDJ series, maybe NS7II, as well).

The main questions is, what is the best (and I mean most OPTIMAL) controller in the market for a mobile DJ? This includes (in this order) RELIABILITY, EASE OF USE, DURABILITY, and PRICE. This is definitely an opinion based question, but I am not as experienced as most of you here, and would like to get some Expert Opinion.

So let's see what do we got? DDJ-SZ ($2,000) vs NS7II ($1,500) vs DDJ-SX ($1,000) vs DDJ-SR ($600) vs DDJ-SB ($250). What is the best choice?

Unless you can't live without spinning platters (and this really depends on the DJ - if they scratch) I think there is no reason to get the NS7II when you can get the SX for $500 cheaper, plus it's lighter. So, if you want spinning platters it seems like NS7II is the way to go, however, if it is not so important. Numark falls out of the competition.

Now it's between SZ - SX - SR - SB.

SZ is just way expensive, and I kind of feel like it's not worth carrying around (but I mean who am I to judge?).

SB feels like a toy, I don't know, maybe if you are beginning it would be a good choice.

I am mainly hanging between SX and SR. I don't usually need 4 independent channels (since I get the sample deck anyway on SR), so I don't exactly see the need and I am leaning more towards the SR. It is lighter, cheaper, and has got everything that is necessary. At the same time it still seems durable full artillery. The only thing it is lacking is the lights on the platters, but who needs that when you have a macbook pro in front of you. And yeah, the mixer is not standalone (who cares? if you're gonna use CDJs might as well get a separate mixer).

I think I am going to go with SR (unless one of you could point me why I should get a different controller). I am ordering tomorrow, so please, if possible, respond within 12 hours (please).

I very much appreciate your opinion, and please feel free to correct me if I said something wrong, or if you disagree.

Peace!
    G

Now that the DDJ-SZ is coming out, the price on the DDJ-SX has dropped considerably online.....I bought mine last weekend for $789.00.....I price matched it online and picked it up at my local Sam Ash. The DDJ-SR is still the same price everywhere......so for less than $200 difference between them, I think it is worth spending extra for the DDL-SX for it being a stand alone mixer alone. I run DJay2 on a Ipad2 through the aux for back up, just in case anything goes wrong, and I have to reboot my mac during show. Over all I feel my decision to buy the DDJ-SX was the best choice for me personally.......Good luck with your decision......I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by djshawn View Post
    Now that the DDJ-SZ is coming out, the price on the DDJ-SX has dropped considerably online.....I bought mine last weekend for $789.00.....I price matched it online and picked it up at my local Sam Ash. The DDJ-SR is still the same price everywhere......so for less than $200 difference between them, I think it is worth spending extra for the DDL-SX for it being a stand alone mixer alone. I run DJay2 on a Ipad2 through the aux for back up, just in case anything goes wrong, and I have to reboot my mac during show. Over all I feel my decision to buy the DDJ-SX was the best choice for me personally.......Good luck with your decision......I hope this helps
    I bought my SX for that on day 1 of its release......

Thank you! I couldn't find such a price online? Could you please tell me where you found it for so cheap? The lowest I found was around $850.

Thank you It's good to know most of my analogy makes sense. I think I'll pick up the SX

I have the SX and having it as a stand alone saved my butt a few times. I had a older laptop that crashed twice and had my ipod hooked into one of the channels and had a mix cued up just in case. I would just spend the few extra $$ and get the SX incase if something happens it can save you

Quote Originally Posted by DjAaron View Post
    I have the SX and having it as a stand alone saved my butt a few times. I had a older laptop that crashed twice and had my ipod hooked into one of the channels and had a mix cued up just in case. I would just spend the few extra $$ and get the SX incase if something happens it can save you
    Exactly........far better to be prepared, and not need it........... than be un-prepared, and end up caught looking stupid ...........the sx is a great choice

The same thing can be achieved by running a controller into a compact mixer. I'm just pointing out alternatives.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Was looking at getting a new mixer in April for my birthday
    Not sure why I didn't think about lookin at the SX before
    I can hook up my cdj's to 2 of the channels and use it as a mixer as well as having a further 2 channels to get creative on through serato.