Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Diceallion's real talk.. (My story, my battle to battle)

Quote Originally Posted by diceallion View Post
    Pioneer DDJ-S1, personally delivered to me from DJ JOVIEJ from Toronto, he's doing a show here next Saturday, and he's coming to my house on Sunday.
    Gettin this bad feelin the guy is going to be a no show tomorrow................

Edit... FU*** Shit, he just sent me a text.... He says he will be down Tuesday... Oh Well.
    Last edited by diceallion; 02-15-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

I'm so discouraged right now... Had so much high hopes for today. -sigh-
    Play music, have fun, be proud of the moment, let the beat flow through your fingertips, your passion and dedication is the language for your own success. [/B]

I'm so discouraged right now... Had so much high hopes for today. -sigh-
    Aww man I can imagine how feel! Oh well, Tuesday will be a good day

Well about 1 hour ago, a local seller that I talked to with a DDJ-T1 (spoke to him before looking at ads in Ontario) text messaged me back now accepting an offer I made for $550 which he had previously refused.... And 10 min after the guy from Toronto with the S1 wrote me confirming he will be here Tuesday night..... Arrrrrggg..!!!anyway I've decided to give the Torontonian his chance... I've waited this long already, 2 more days won't kill right?

Well about 1 hour ago, a local seller that I talked to with a DDJ-T1 (spoke to him before looking at ads in Ontario) text messaged me back now accepting an offer I made for $550 which he had previously refused.... And 10 min after the guy from Toronto with the S1 wrote me confirming he will be here Tuesday night..... Arrrrrggg..!!!anyway I've decided to give the Torontonian his chance... I've waited this long already, 2 more days won't kill right?
    lol the anticipation must be killing you right now. Trust me, when I was searching for my 1200s 4 years back my wallet was constantly burning a hole in my pants just dying to get my hands on gear. It'll come, hopefully sooner than later for you. But IMO, should've went with TTs and a mixer instead of a controller. But again thats just my dumb opinion.

Serious question, when you respect many types of music, how does one classify himself to a genre style DJ? A lot of you guys know what you like and when you speak your confident on a specific genre as the primary. I know I am not the only that has a wide range of respect for different genres, but I truly like each one equally and simply listen to music based on my mood...

Just play whatever you are feeling. When I make a mix it will usually be all the same sounding music, or genera. But I have a pretty broad range of mixes I have recorded and posted on Soundcloud.

As for digging.....the main reason you are hearing all of this electro, progressive crap on beatport is because they shove it down everyone's throats on the main page. It is what is making them the most money right now. If you are into hip hop but are gearing towards electronic music maybe try checking out some Garage house. There is some real nasty sounding stuff out of the UK. Or learn open format, that way you can bounce through genres and really, those are the DJs that get the most work. Just keep it original......dont be a sheep. Although, I guess most noobs will go the way of the Beatport Top 100, I did for a while. But eventually that sound got tired to me. So I started really digging, and it is paying off.
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack

I really respect this last comment, I really feel your vibe, I love music as a whole, I'm not a hater in any form. I guess where Im getting confused on is where Im going to focus my practicing.. Ive built quite a various music collection of many genres... (I have to stop buying music, cause I'm loosing control on what I own)

I guess I should be confident enough to proudly say i represent various genres of music.

Im so open to all I can easily switch from jammin hard core hip hop in my house then switch it to dance music for hours... I think its the bass... Honestly, I know my self as a bass guy, I feel that power rush through my body and it lifts me to another state of mind... No matter what the genre, if the base is solid and it kicks at the right time, im in love....

As for buying TT's and a mixer..... I AM 100% PRO this....... The ONLY reason I am buying a controller is because I do not own a single vinyl, and by the time I learned about timecode.... and said OH YEAH!!!! I couldnt find a set in my budget, and had already fixated myself towards a controller... However... maybe some time down the line, I may make the upgrade as I believe I will be able to sell the controller when the time comes.
    Last edited by diceallion; 03-04-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Ahhhhhh..... Tonight is the night!!!!!! IS THE SELLER FOR REAL???? Stay tuned and find out.

Im so open to all I can easily switch from jammin hard core hip hop in my house then switch it to dance music for hours... I think its the base... Honestly, I know my self as a base guy, I feel that power rush through my body and it lifts me to another state of mind... No matter what the genre, if the base is solid and it kicks at the right time, im in love....
    Bass*

I know what you mean, I'm a bass lover too

(I have to stop buying music, cause I'm loosing control on what I own)
    Yeah, haha I think we all have this problem a little bit.

And bass is a big motivator for me too. I love bass.
    If you aint havin fun you aint havin nothin. http://www.facebook.com/fat8ack
    http://soundcloud.com/fat8ack